Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We did it. My friend and I went to 11mile last night and fished from midnight to about 5 this morning. right after we got the hut set up it started snowing like crazy and didn't stop. We fished at stoll mtn in 15ft of water.Between the 2 of us we landed 9 trout the smallest was 18'' and the biggest was 22''. WE were using glow rat finkees with a meal worm. Fishing was great we didn't want to leave but I had to go to work this morning at 8am. All in all it was a great night!

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
How cold did it get?

·
Registered
499 Posts
I ice-fished 11-Mile once all night without a shelter.
BRRRRRRRR!

Mac

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
between 3 and 4 was the slowest time other than that fishing was consistent. My friend has an awsome heater so we didn't get cold.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No browns chief they were all rainbows. I might go again friday night.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey Rad,

I'm from MN, where we night fish more than day fishing.  I wanted to do the whole night fishing @ 11 mile.  It sounds like you guys had a good night.  Could you give up your priceless information on where you were, or any ideas of good night fishing spots @ 11 mile. 

Thanks

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
chancefish I sent you a PM

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey Mikinaak,

I was born and raised in Brooklyn park, MN....fished a lot of Lake of the Woods, Devils, Vermillion......how about you???

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Ice fishing for trout through the ice at night has been great for me this season. They are usually suspending around 5-10 fow over 15 fow or so. Of course, that isn't at elevenmile though, just vega, rifle, and stagecoach. I assume it'd be similar at 11mile but every lake is different.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts