Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is kinda late,but I been off work since friday noon. Anyway,launched slayerboat at 8am on sat. and tried a couple drifts near stoll mt. but nada.Went over to bluffs to right of sucker cove and started throwing a twister to shore and working it back at mid-depth and lower.Caught 7 or 8 little pike from 10-13".Missed prolly 7 or 8 also.Worked the bluffs from s-cove almost to Lazy boy.Saw some dudes trolling in the middle catch a large pike maybe 8 lbs or so-maybe bigger.
Anyway headed back to Stoll Mt. and tried a drift and zilch but the wind began and on the next drift I popped a 17.5" bo on a bubble/worm.Next drift lost a NICE bo at least 20" plus,he grabbed 30 ft of line the instant I set the hook and then did a nice cartwheel and spit the hook.After a couple fruitless drifts I went back to camp to eat lunch with my wife. While eating the wind started howling from a different direction(NW versus SSW).Fished till 230 pm but no more bites. The lake was turning over and there was algae everywhere,makes the fishing tougher,IMO.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Re: 11-mile on 10-8.

Woot, Slayer man you rusty or something? Only I miss that many fish. :p Haha atleast the bite was good keeps you busy, and thats a nice looking bo, hehe I seen lures bigger then you pike though. :p

F

·
0 Posts

that little fish looks like a tiger muskie to me

·
Registered
6,542 Posts

Hey Slayer, it was the bluff area where Eric and i found a bunch of small pike about 10 days ago. I have no idea why they are hanging in that area? I usually find more Pike on the rocky area's down lake in the fall. We didn't even get so much as a follow down there?

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Yep,the bluffs are full of little guys.I was hopin the big guys would be in there eating the little ones,but no.

F

·
0 Posts

take a close look at that picture it has vertical stripes .....there was an article written by mike kennedy in fishing and hunting new where one of his buddys caught a tiger out of eleven mile ...

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

That way the pike guys AND the trout guys will be like one big happy,touchy-feely family!Cool!

Y

·
0 Posts

One problem...tigers are to hard to catch. Does anybody know if tigers taste the same as pike?

F

·
0 Posts

I'd send the picture into the d.o.w. I think its a tiger for sure.....

·
Registered
247 Posts

ive heard that the small pike sometimes start out with the vertical strips and then as they get older it changes. If that is not the case, then i have caught tigers and pike at Skaqway

·
Registered
4,813 Posts

I think its a pike, we caught several just like that 2 weeks ago. It doesn't make sense for the DOW to be stocking one predator like tiger muskie and lauching an all out campaign (unsuccessful so far as I can tell) against another.

·
Registered
279 Posts

That line of thinking makes sense, Talo. That is like having a lake with carp, and then stocking that lake while mirror carp! DOW doesn't want either. Since they have pike already, why add tiger muskie?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts