Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How has the hard water fishing been at the Mile this winter. Unfortunately we didn't get out over the holidays and I haven't seen much on the ice results?

Hopefully the soft water will be better than it was for us last year?
Thanks for your input.

Bill

·
Registered
740 Posts
Ice is 12-15" right now, some soft edges. Action has not been good for me but I've only been twice this season.

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Had many good days there but just isn't what it use to be for me. 11 Mile is now on my No Fly List place has seen the last of my ugly ass.

·
Registered
841 Posts
never had a bad day there. If I wanted meat, I knew where to find it. If i wanted to play in the hills and didn't give a crap about catching, it still produced enough to satisfy the kids. I love the east end, simply because it actually has trees and hills...rocks and structure, notwithstanding "the bluffs" on the west end. 40" pike are never out of reach, and fat trout of all sizes.

don't be a hater. It's not you,it's...

..ok, it's you, totally.

·
Registered
841 Posts
and yes, I have seen Slayer there. I have to give the man props. He is all i wish i could be, in all ways fish-wise. He copies me in the most imaginative and successful ways...

·
Registered
625 Posts
I've had not great days there, I dunno if bad is the word. but those were all weather related. I need to go with bobber and bring some of those pike into reach. I have been skunked many days when I say "I really want a pike today." If you're not getting trout, change locations.

I've also never caught anything in witchers cove which annoys me because it's so pretty and enjoyable to fish there. it's like Chatty - a great place to stand and a terrible place to catch.

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Had many good days there but just isn't what it use to be for me. 11 Mile is now on my No Fly List place has seen the last of my ugly ass.
Same here....on ice anyways. So many better locations. I will still hit it every now and then on open water for pike....but i haven't been there in like 3 years on ice.

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Sorry Bobber your correct everyone should go fish there. East end 40" Pike and magnificent MRT of all sizes . I will post a report when I get back. Eastbound and Down will be the title

1 - 14 of 14 Posts