Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone up for a trip on saturday? i nned to break in my new auger and kill the curse that 11-mile has on me. ???

·
Registered
130 Posts
Im thinking of elevenmile or aurora . My last trip to elevenmile I got skunked about 7 weeks ago . Just wasnt my day . ,Didnt have my flasher either , that might have changed everything

·
Registered
838 Posts
Trout are in shallow right now -- I have been sight fishing for them in less than 15 fow, so really don't need the flasher unless you are hitting kokes. I am hitting 11M on Saturday -- I need a good bicep and tricep work out (Hand auger). Should be a beautiful day according to weather.com, 40 degrees, no clouds. The last few times at 11M have been bizzare, NO WIND!!

Good Luck,
FH

·
Registered
53 Posts
My buddy and I are going to 11-mile on Sat. also. I`ve hit it for a month and a half qf weekends so far. Every time has been great so far! I`d rather go to 11-mile Res. right now than any other lake this year. the traffic on I-70 is the deciding facter so far. going- and coming back!!!

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
any of you want to ride with me? i got the new auger and am finally going to beat that lake ;D

·
Registered
838 Posts
I am heading up with a buddy -- but you are welcome to stop by my shelter. Especially if you want to drill a couple holes -- so you can test your new auger ;D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey- guys, does anybody know for sure what the rules are for motor-vehicles on the ice at 11-mile? I have`nt been over to the ranger station to look at the posting board in awhile,but I`ve fished there for many years and this is the first time i`ve seen snow-machines and 4x4s on the ice!!I know it`s against the law--so whats up? Anyone know?

·
Registered
83 Posts
coloradofisher said:
Im thinking of elevenmile or aurora . My last trip to elevenmile I got skunked about 7 weeks ago . Just wasnt my day . ,Didnt have my flasher either , that might have changed everything

Aurora is prolly not a good idea. I was out there this morning and the ice is getting pretty rotten. The wind and warm weather today is only gonna make it worse. :'(

·
Registered
53 Posts
As I was waiting for my buddy to get to my house to go to 11-mile, he called me up and said he couldnt go because as he had his gear ready to load up, his lab was nosing around and hooked her nose on an ice jig that was on a pole!! poor dog!! A hundred bucks later she's ok. we'll try again this sat. but I went and caught a bunch of fish.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts