Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After some Christmas time chores for my wife, I finally got out to 11-Mile around 9:00. Headed to Sucker Cove and found this.

Off to Cross Creek to see if it was any better. It looked to sketchy for me and since no one was there I headed towards home to check out Witcher's Cove. It wasn't much better.

There was some decent ice in the cove itself so I carefully went out on the ice and gave it a try. Ice there was about 8"s. The ice quakes, groans, moans, etc. were in full effect. I fished two different spots for 3 hours and didn't see one fish or mark any either. This weather, or lack of, sucks!!

Lots of open water between Goose Island and the dam & from the N. marina to Howbert and towards Sucker.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Thanks very much for the information and great pictures. You most certainly have saved a wasted trip for a few people.
If I didn't see it with my own eyes, I would never have believed there's open water near Sucker Cove at this time of year. I guess I should put away the auger and get my belly boat out of storage!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Wow - this was very helpful. I almost cut the Antero trip short yesterday to fish Sucker Cove. I guess that would be a mistake.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Blowfish said:
I think you saved many of us a trip. Thanks!
Wasn't going to post but I thought it might help a few of you to save the gas and wait until 2011. Glad I only live 20min away.

·
Registered
765 Posts
The other thing I notice about your pics is that there is NO snow at all! With all this storminess and FEET of snow falling in parts of the mountains it looks like the South Platte drainage is left out. I hope this will not spell water problems for us come summer! Does anyone remember a year like this that there has been so little snow along the front range at this stage of the year? In Thornton I think we have had less than 1" all season.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
The ice has deteriorated a lot since I was there last friday. It was decent at Cross Creek then, but we had to walk about 200 yds from where we got on the ice to cross the seperation ridge. Looks like it's gotten worse. If i wasn't such a computer challenged individual. I would've posted similar pics.

I posted on the other site cause it's designed for computer illiterate people like myself.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts