Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Winning pike was 15lbs and paid about $740. Winning total was 55lbs caught by two guys from Alabama. Paid about $700. Number of contestants gets smaller each year. I think only the top 5 teams won money. Lots of pike caught by contestants and many were good size. Fish fry was very good for just $5.

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Winning pike was 15lbs and paid about $740. Winning total was 55lbs caught by two guys from Alabama. Paid about $700. Number of contestants gets smaller each year. I think only the top 5 teams won money. Lots of pike caught by contestants and many were good size. Fish fry was very good for just $5.
People are realizing an all kill tournament where big fish are lost isn't as fun as it sounds.

There was a write up in Field and Stream about how much of a resource South Park could be as a pike destination. But there are still those who are short sighted about the impact of pike in our state, in particular South Park. I hope that contest finally dies. Maybe they'll look into it again as a no kill, or at least an option to not have to kill, tournament.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
People are realizing an all kill tournament where big fish are lost isn't as fun as it sounds.

There was a write up in Field and Stream about how much of a resource South Park could be as a pike destination. But there are still those who are short sighted about the impact of pike in our state, in particular South Park. I hope that contest finally dies. Maybe they'll look into it again as a no kill, or at least an option to not have to kill, tournament.
Very well said, Mr. W... It's complete bullshit that they won't let you release your fish... I would enter every year if I could release my fish. To protect those beasts, I would take them in and weigh them and let em go right away, losing tourney time, if they would allow.

DOW is gonna wise up some day and realize that the big predators can bring in biiiig bucks... the world of fishing has changed with the internet and it's time that the DOW realizes that. Bluewater lake in NM is a perfect example.

oh, and F*** Larry.

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Very well said, Mr. W... It's complete bullshit that they won't let you release your fish... I would enter every year if I could release my fish. To protect those beasts, I would take them in and weigh them and let em go right away, losing tourney time, if they would allow.

DOW is gonna wise up some day and realize that the big predators can bring in biiiig bucks... the world of fishing has changed with the internet and it's time that the DOW realizes that. Bluewater lake in NM is a perfect example.

oh, and F*** Larry.
X2.

I fished it a couple times and that kind of thing is a total blast....but they make you kill the fish so I stopped participating. If they had a C&R tourny that didn't force you to kill one of your favorite fish to catch, I would fish it every year. That old school way of thinking is going to die eventually with all the dumb old cogers that continue to promote it. Can't stop evolution.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
A buddy and I fished it one year and did good but when we came in they had all the bigger fish hung up and I knew I wouldn't be back. And yes, Larry is an easy guy to dislike.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
i fished the mile pike tourney once. saw the big dead pike and said nope.
used to stand on the bow and see a slob pike to cast at, at the mile and spinney in the weedbeds... now, not at all. people killing pike gets old. there are toad dumbass trout at spinney and the mile With the pike. smh. time to bring the cooler and go to war on the rbt at spinney.
i wonder how many of my friends and their family i can get on and off spinney in a day happy. lol. one per person, just have to bring more people, throughout the day cycling as they might want to fish different times than other realtives/friends. good thing my boats big. lets dance trouters.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I been doing that since 1990. Hasn't made a dent in them yet-
see you have to go to "war". thats an argument, if your only doing it on weekends and such, and by yourself? you have to scale it up.
you got any korean friends? i do, they love fish. or a big family? i think if i could cycle 6 people every hour with a trout per person, throughout the day, everyday, get 11hour shifts of six people an hour, every week till close one could put a pretty big dent in those dumb ass fish. see if any of my riding friends want to bring their families out for a slaughter, as many family members as possible. this is a spinney attack, adjust kill for 11mile etc. spinney needs the most death brought to its trout though.
my friends got pigs on a farm also. bacons better than bobo's. 8) i have time for war. lots of time.

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
see you have to go to "war". thats an argument, if your only doing it on weekends and such, and by yourself? you have to scale it up.
you got any korean friends? i do, they love fish. or a big family? i think if i could cycle 6 people every hour with a trout per person, throughout the day, everyday, get 11hour shifts of six people an hour, every week till close one could put a pretty big dent in those dumb ass fish. see if any of my riding friends want to bring their families out for a slaughter, as many family members as possible. this is a spinney attack, adjust kill for 11mile etc. spinney needs the most death brought to its trout though.
my friends got pigs on a farm also. bacons better than bobo's. 8) i have time for war. lots of time.
I don't hate slimers that bad--::)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts