Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a buddy coming out next week and we want to do some pike fishing. I hear that eleven mile is my best bet for pike. Just wanted to ask for some pointers fishing that lake for them as I have never fished it. Also, if there are better alternatives to some pike fishing, I would love to know those as well. Not looking for anyone's secret spots or anything, just looking for some advice to make sure his trip is worthwhile. I appreciate the help!

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
just looking for some advice to make sure his trip is worthwhile.
Take him to fish somewhere, for something, that you yourself are familiar with.

edit - If you aren't familiar with much here, I'd go after trout at the mile or spinney. Pike take a while to figure out, even with tips. Trout are dumb, and "bonus pike" aren't uncommon.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
I have a buddy coming out next week and we want to do some pike fishing. I hear that eleven mile is my best bet for pike. Just wanted to ask for some pointers fishing that lake for them as I have never fished it. Also, if there are better alternatives to some pike fishing, I would love to know those as well. Not looking for anyone's secret spots or anything, just looking for some advice to make sure his trip is worthwhile. I appreciate the help!
Try wind blown shallow shorelines with Mudlines. Throw spoons or something big and annoying... Like a shallow crankbait, tubejig or Zman.... <3

·
Registered
216 Posts
Seen several large pike at Spinney in the shallows. 2 Pike over 40 in Buffalo Bay. May bring the 8wt. and some bunnys next week.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome, thanks everyone. I have the pike figured out back home in Michigan, but I am looking forward to doing the same here. We are going to hit up Pueblo, and I am pretty familiar with that lake by now, so I know we will get into some bass there, just wanted to try our luck out with the Pike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts