Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mr. & Mrs. Hardwater Junkie and I fished Witchers hard on Saturday. The ice was pretty uniform: 8-10". We had our best action right off the parking lot. Unfortunately we only landed the smallest fish that we saw: three 13" clone bows and an 18" bow. Pink paddlebugs, pink Gitzits and an orange Ratso did the work.

We sight fished along the island and every time we opened up a hole we saw a Moby Dick (or two or three). We had a couple of 'em on and into the holes but never iced any of the really big monsters. I took a couple of fish by the big rock formation between the island and then channel. Mrs. Hardwater Junkie lost a 24" monster in the hole. While she was losing that fish I watched a 30" pike swallow my pink paddlebug while I was over 6' of water. I set the hook, pulled his head up and then he shook and sliced my 4X fluorocarbon tippet - it wasn't even good dental floss for him. If you pick up a pike with a pink paddlebug in his mouth in Witchers the next few days - drop me a line and return the paddlebug! ;D

Mr. Hardwater Junkie nearly came out of his skin when (what he swears) a 4 foot pike swam leisurely beneath his ice hole.

The bottom line is slow action with very, VERY large fish. We took 4 home, lost an equal amount and saw twice as many lunkers. Oh yeah, I forgot my box of metal lures so I couldn't entice anything with Kasty's or Swedish Pimples, etc. What great weather too.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Colorado,
Good to see you're back on the ice! I wanted to go this weekend, but life sux! (when you're not fishin). Sounds like there's good ice now, so it's on! Keep on keepin on, and we'll be in touch. Good job ice'n a few 11 mile fish. Are yall fishin the tourneys this year?
See ya on the ice,
Justin

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Justin,

I was going to PM you on the post but this'll do. I'm not planning on the tournaments this year as my finances have been strung out by numerous things. How about you?

Drop me a PM when you can make some time to hit 11 Mile. Saturday was good but mobility was the key.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Hardwater junkies,
We saw you over by the island and move over to the rock "island".
We (son and I) were the ones just off the point (east/southeast of you) in a black portable. Only moved once right nearby. We also saw a few moby's and a couple of northerns. One was a lunker. We missed a few bows, broke one off and only landed one but it was a great day with plenty of action.

Are you fishing next weekend with the forim people out of the Marina?

I'll be there, it will be nce getogether. 8)

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll probably swing by the marina cove and visit with everybody but I'm not too interested in fishing there - I got burned out on it last year. I'm probably going to give Stoll a shot on Saturday. See you up there.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Mind if I tag along? Slayer

It seems your spot was the spot! Besides I'd like to meet you guys,       and my son's been harping on me....

"Why do we always go here? we never go anywhere else!"
He didn't complain all the years we out fished everyone else. I just don't understand teenagers. well maybe I do. It was slow down are way. See ya at 6am.  8)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts