Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, hit up the reservoir and canyon today. Reservoir was still iced over on the north side, with the exception of the area near the marina and the rocky cove, and it looks like that may not completely thaw for another 2 weeks. The south side had a lot of open water for about 100 yards in some areas, and only 25-50 feet in others, but the water is so shallow. One person told me that at Lazy Boy the fish are coming in to the shallow waters there around 5:00 or so. 57 degrees there today and windy. Didn't catch anything at the reservoir, so went to the canyon. Water is flowing at a nice steady pace, not too fast and not too slow. Some nice deep pools as usual. I caught 2 brown trout on some Joe's Flies about 5 miles up the canyon. Saw tons of does out around the scout's campground, probably about 30 or so. Actually had my fishing license checked while there - CPW guy almost fell down the bank coming to check it, so I tried not to laugh. I thought he was going to cite me for having the Patriot's logo on the back window of my truck, but he didn't ;). Not an overly productive day of fishing, but fun!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts