Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i see in the fishing report section that 11-mile is not far from losing its ice cap.Has anyone out there ever done any good flyfishing from a belly boat there?. I have tried a few times but with little or no success. Seems to me that what works at Spinny should work there but it never seems to pan out. If 11-mile is breaking up can Spinny be far behind?
Any pointer would help.

·
Registered
16,535 Posts
The only fly Ive tried at ice-out has been black wooly buggers.They work ok,but other stuff like bait works better.or jigs or spoons.If these hot days continue,maybe a week for good ,fishable open water at e-mile.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Throwing at the inlet would seem to me a good place to start?

·
Registered
193 Posts
I am thinking about heading up to 11 mile this weekend can anyone tell me if the fish cruise the bank like they do at Spinney. If so where do they do this. I always do well with a couple patterns at Spinney I have to think 11 mile has to be a simular deal. Been on the river a few times and caught some pigs just looking for a little elbow room and hopefully a 70 degree day up there.

Fish

·
Registered
16,535 Posts
Hey colo,been fishing 11-mile since '89 and you just dont see the kind of cruisers that you do at spinney.Dont know why,the pressure maybe?That said,the rocky area on the north shore is the best chance for seeing biguns,have popped a few there.Its just hard to deal with all the bait-dunkers theyre everywhere!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts