Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i finally kicked the 11-mile curse ;D i fished howbert point. i arrived at 6:00 a.m. went to the east side of the point drilled two holes. i cleaned them out and found out i was only in 5 fow. so i moved straight out in front of the point and found 25 fow. i deadsticked one rod with pink atomic ant and pink rat finke tipped with meal worms. the other rod i started jigging with a 1/4 gold kasty with orange stripe. i was jigging for about 10 minutes when i got a nice hit but i missed it. i kept jigging and about 5 minutes later i got another hit.this time i hooked it. i pulled the fish out of the hole and celebrated as it was my first fish out of 11-mile after 10 yrs of trying. i looke and was surprised it was a 16" pike(my biggest pike ever) so i unhooked it and released it. i kept jigging and ended up with 7 kokes as well between 12"-16". i only had two tiny bites on the bait rig all day. i left about 11:30. btw if anybody fishes howbert point, use the east side of the point to get on the ice. the rest by the shore is crappy and i saw a guy go through the ice in about three fow. sorry i rambled but i am so happy i finally broke my curse ;D

·
Registered
499 Posts
Hey Afishman,

I'm glad you caught some nice ones. I've been on an 11-Mile skunk for about five years myself and really would like to break it like you did. Good Job!

Mac

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well go off of howbert point and jig a kastmaster. it seems like everyone got into at least a few kokes. i hope you break that curse soon ;D

·
Registered
53 Posts
The ice was pretty crappy at the edge! I was that guy. I wasnt too worried at that depth-- just got one leg wet up to the knee. I was happy with my limit of nice bows and 4 kokes. the bag weighed 12lb "even" when I got home. I missed hooking a bow that was at least 30in!!! it was only 4ft down so it wasnt magnified too much. I thought i heard someone yelling at Rocking Chair that they broke thru and needed help. BUMMER !!! the ice is very chancy on the southwest shores. I kept count this time of the fish I saw in my "zone"------( 70 ) !!!! N I C E .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts