Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished from 8:30AM to 3:45PM between by rocking chair in 20 fow down to 6 fow. Only iced one and it was in 14 fow. Weather was clear and close to 50 degrees. Light winds from the S/SE. Roads were clear on the way in except hwy 23 from hwy 24 to the north shore road was patchy ice. Dirt road starting to get a little washboarded but not too bad. Pressure was light for the mile and did not see much action from others, one here and there. Ice varied from 18" to 24" (closer to shore). Only iced one 19" #3 Rainbow but he will be tasty :smile:

Attachments

·
Registered
262 Posts
Great post. Was there two weekends ago and it was my first skunk. Went to Antero the following day and got my second skunk. I'm thinking I'm going to hold off in February and wait until March takes the snow off the ice.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all - SP trout are by far the best eating though I would like to try some of the eater size lakers from WF and GM.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Thanks all - SP trout are by far the best eating though I would like to try some of the eater size lakers from WF and GM.
You will be disappointed most likely. I have ate my share of eater sized lakers and have been unimpressed thus far. SP trout are top notch table fair!

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK then looks like I will change up and go for trophy lakers through the ice, try an eater and get some pics of the monsters (hopefully). Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
You will be disappointed most likely. I have ate my share of eater sized lakers and have been unimpressed thus far. SP trout are top notch table fair!
Green mountain lakers taste gamey....

Just stick to wf.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Eleven mile

Eleven mile has been producing more fish every time I go. Caught 6 last week and my brother caught 5. We only kept one and threw back the others. Suckers Cove coyote Cove rocking chair have all been doing good for us.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts