Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy and I got out on Stoll about 7 right after sunup, a little later than I would have liked but friday night activities made it harder to get up at 5. We were in 15 FOW using rat finkes and wax worms. I ended up Icing 6 and my buddy caught 1, all were pretty decent size bows 17-20". Nobody around me was catching anything, I let a guy that was next to me getting skunked use the same rig i was and move closer to me and he still got skunked. Maybe it was the fish gods repaying me for my 2 previous skunks in sucker cove. Couldnt have asked for a better day, no wind and sunny...kinda cold but I drug the shack out so it was perfect. Planning on going out again this coming saturday.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Sounds like a pretty good day of fishin. Ive been on both sides of that senario so I can relate. I haven't fished STOLL MTN this year mostly HOBERT POINT....done fair. I might try it in a couple o weeks...Headin to ALEXADRIA, MN this week with friends, plan on doing a little tight lineing for PIKE and EYES...pan fish too.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, im picking up my 16' aluminum V-hull boat sometime this month so i can get out on pueblo and slay some walleye.. Im also gonna try to get to navajo for the crappie spawn. It was my first time on stoll, but with a day like that ill go back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts