Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not much to report. Only landed two trout (18"), but they were nice and fat. Started trolling along the channel from the marina to Stoll mountain and only marked a few fish, two weeks ago that stretch was full of fish....so we headed over to the south side and trolled from suckers cove to howbert with only one hit. We saw fish surfacing at howbert point so we anchored and started throwing hardware. My bro in-law hooked a fish on his second cast on a silver/blue kastmaster but it shook off, happened again, and then he finally managed to get a big one all the way to the boat before it snapped the line....After that we had several hits and lots of followers on taz devils but they were not taking so we threw out some bait and landed two trout on marshmellows. We had our dinner so we started to fish for the pike around noon at howbert, witchers and east bay with no luck. Wind got nasty about 2:00 and we headed home. Looks like the trout were close to shore. At least the weather was great, I almost didn't go because the weather report predicted cloudy skies and rain but we in shorts most of the day enjoying the sun and calm water.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Any day you dont have to bust out the yellow jackets is a great day. Man I love hooking into big fish I cant land (really a lie but its fun for the moment they are on after sucks). What were you throwing for the pike? I'm guessing its been raining off and on there for the last week or so, making water temps drop so the pike arent as active.

·
Registered
16,571 Posts
Two fish at 11-mile aint bad cause they are fat and tasty and fight like hell! Weve caught most of the trout up there by throwing kastys from the boat also. It helps to move around cause the schools tend to move a lot.Good Job-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts