Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This report is on behalf of my dad.

He got to river below 11 Mile around 9:00 this morning. The temperature in his car read 12 degrees, but there was no wind. He began fishing with a pink egg pattern and a black midge dropper, which he snagged and lost. He replaced that with a dark brown San Juan worm and another black midge. He was fishing in a foot to a foot and a half of water apparently surrounded by post spawn kokes. He landed a nice koke which took the San Juan. I informed him that I would have used a brighter colored worm, but that's just me. As the sun came up, the fish seemed to disappear to deeper water, so he moved about a quater mile downstream from where he parked, and fished a bend in the river. He landed a 16 to 17 inch rainbow, which took the small black midge.

He tried RS2s, copper johns, a variety of bead head nymphs without succes.

There were a few people fishing, and everyone was catching fish on San Juans and small midges.

This report was courtesy of my dad, who prefers the fly to the spoon, as I say.

There was not much ice up by the dam.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
mustang was your dad catching spawning kokes, thats weird i thought they would all be dead, was he fishing by the bridge or further down ?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I'm assuming the kokes had already spawned, and I also thought they would be dead, but he said everyone was catching them, so who knows. He said he was parked as close to the dam as you could fish. I wasn't there, so I don't knonw the exact location.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts