Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm heading to 11 mi. Monday morning. Thinking about fishing the Bluffs area on the S. side. That is the area east of Sucker Cove. Anyone tried that area this season?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi
I was there 12/31 it was slow we fished off Howbert point . It was really warm and the top started to melt a little. THere was some open water on the south side of the island. we were into about 12 inches of ice. I caught one rainbow about 3 pounds . Had a tip up set up fpr Pike but no luck.
Good luck

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have fished the area west of Sucker Cove and have had good luck, below the steep bank, in about 17'-20'. Stoll Mountain has been good.
If you try Sucker cove try going to the west, there is a very small rock point, that could be fished from shore, other than that there is very limited access along the bank(steep), I would give it a try about 25-40 yards out, from the rock point.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Let us know how you did ice fisher. I wanted to fish there this morning, but ended up hitting stoll instead. Only caught one fish, action was very slow. I will probably try the bluffs next time.
good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts