Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we launched the boat at sun up fished cross creek sucker cove area throwing lures to the bank did not even see very many fish. went and trolled eastward clear around goose island caught one stocker rainbow on a yellow perch jointed shad rap. trolled clear east to the bouy line for salmon marked lots of fish but no hits. We did see one boat catch some salmon trolling 6-feet of cowbells but that was it. The guys that went with us were catching salmon vertical jigging out in front of witchers we went in to deer hoof caught one more stocker on a mepps marked a lot of fish in there. Just around the corner of deer hoof to the east we fished those shallow flats in the afternoon saw one 26 inch pike followed a rainbow rapala to the boat. The fishing kinda stunk but the weather was great little, wait a lot cold in the morning but really nice about nine of so, well better luck to he or she who goes next.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no i dont think think so we launched at witchers cove i think witchers and the north shore boat ramp are the only ones. But i am probably wrong again and hopefully some one will correct me

·
Registered
838 Posts
Caught (hooked) one really nice koke not a 14 - 15 incher like I have been catching all winter. I thought they might be shy of the cow bells this early in the season so I switched to a 12 foot leader behind the cowbells. This proved to be my undoing as I couldn't get him in the net and after 2 or 3 minutes of trying he got off. Some times its tough to be the captain, the net boy and the fisherman at the same time.....

Saw many fish suspended at 40 - 50 feet in 70-80 feet of water -- they just were not interested in anything I offered.
Most people I talked to either had one bow or not a bite all day. This is pretty typical of the early season on 11M. Should only get better from here.

FH

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
good to hear the kokes are starting to bite there, i am curious can you catch the kokes from shore by witchers ? , my brother caught one 15 incher from shore at witchers last year

·
Registered
838 Posts
You can catch them in the early season (i.e. RIGHT NOW!!!) but as you know it gets real tough after that. If history repeats itself the kokes are going to move in to 30 feet of water in the next couple of weeks and then make their way to 50 - 80 feet water by early summer

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
What type of verticel jig would you use for Kokes?
I bought some stuff that worked at Pueblo this winter, for jigging.
I'd like to work some stuff at 11 Mile

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The two other guys with us on sun. Caught two kokes vert. jigging right north of witchers we left and I don't know what they ended up with after that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts