Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished 11 mile for the first time in about 3 years. Started fishing around 5am in the fog. I knew I was in trouble when I had my first fish on the 3rd cast. From that point on I had to work for them. Fished until 9:30, final total, 4 trout (Lost 3) and two pike. One pike was 27" and the other one scare the crap out of me, felt like jaws. First thing I see is this huge mouth and lot's of teeth. So anyway the trout were caught on rainbow taz and the 27" pike was caught on a pink taz, the big boy 33-34" (I think kinda hard to tell in a bellyboat) was caught on a silver spoon. I fished around Goose Island in the weeds. I have to figure that place out again, seems like I had pretty good action when there was a little wind and lot's of fog. Sorry I don't have any pictures, I'm still trying to figure out my Go Pro.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I haven't fished there in a few years also, I used to fish for pike from shore there but never had much luck with that.
Sounds you had a decent trip. Hooking a big pike on a float tube sounds like a fricken blast!

·
Registered
24,568 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok I have to be honest, I was looking for trout and the pike just happen to show up! :)
The trout were around 15" but really healthy. Something about catching pike in a belly boat freaks me out...LOL

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am in need of a pike!!!! Saturday my friend caught his first one there. My first one followed my lure right up to the belly boat but no luck. It felt amazing to be on the pike for my first weekend of belly boating ever. I caught a lake trout Saturday a first for me, then the excitement the pike came right up. Now my goal is a pike while i still can belly boat this season.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts