Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yvette went shopping with a friend today...so no bike riding. I decided to go fishing instead. After yesterday, had to see if the truck would make it up the pass and back anyway. :) And, I had recently bought a new MH Pflueger President combo from bass bro and wanted to try it out...Only $79.00

Started fishing about 9:00 and fished until 1:00...Ended up with four pike...lost another at the toon and missed one. All over 32 with the largest just over 38. Rod worked great...reel was spooled with 8 pound Copolymer P-Line with a 30 pound Copolymer P Line leader. Line's cheap but works well for me. Anyway, it was a great morning out and the truck didn't blow up..Can't ask for much more than that.

Never can get good pics in the toon. Here's a couple of pics of two of the fish..the other pics ended up being nothing but water and sun glare...couldn't see the LCD screen in the sun and pointed with one hand and missed. Tough getting a decent pic...Dang fish won't hold still.

Too much fish...not enough net..trashed it even more...had to stitch up a 8 by 4 inch hole on the lake.

·
P I K E
10,117 Posts
Very nice bud!!! You know if you lip them things they don't squirm as much and easier to photo!!! ::) :thumb:

·
P I K E
10,117 Posts
LOL...but did it help getting the pic? :biggrin1:

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
very coooool, Hobie! I would love the vid (or play by play) of landing the big fish! So many times those fish don't do much till they are in the "boat" rofl...

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
very coooool, Hobie! I would love the vid (or play by play) of landing the big fish! So many times those fish don't do much till they are in the "boat" rofl...
Ha..yeah. Felt like I had a front row seat inside a washing machine.

That first one looks huge! Nice fish Hobiecat. How bad was the wind today? Whitecaps?
Thanks..It wasn't too bad to start...but sure wore me down over time. Fish sure liked it. White caps on and off.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Great work Hobes!...

When did you do the finger thing...I dont remenber noticing that...how do you make that stop bleeding on blood thinners? Y use the tourniquet?...

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Z...I cut the finger off pre blood thinners. Cut it off unhitching a (can you believe it) sailboat of all things. Yvette's dad had died and her sister wanted to park the forty foot sailboat he had built by himself on our land. He had built it and then taken it down to Florida to sail the Florida Keys before bringing it back to Colorado. It was set up on a huge triple trailer.

Well, Yvette's sister Sandra and her husband pulled into the yard after dark and tried to unhitch the trailer but the hitch wouldn't open. I had a brilliant idea..just pop the pin on the receiver and drive away from the boat. Problem was the trailer was parked on a hill sloping down towards the truck and when I popped the pin it got stuck three quarters of the way out. A lot of pressure on the pin and it was binding up. Had another brilliant idea..I grabbed a hammer and a punch and decided to punch the pin out. I hit it a few times and it didn't move..didn't have a light out there and thought what the heck...that pin should have popped out by now..My final brilliant decision..I put my finger in the hole to feel just how far the pin had to go and right then the pin popped out with my finger in the hole..sheared my finger off like a cigar cutter.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
HOLY ****, that sounds horrible! Man, we all have some brilliant moments, eh?

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
HOLY ****, that sounds horrible! Man, we all have some brilliant moments, eh?
Funny thing ..I was the only one that remained calm. When my brother in law saw it happen he shrieked like a girl and ran across the street into the neighbors yard. I went inside and told Yvette and Sandra what had happened.. as I ran it under the sink to see the damage...Yvette, not too fond of blood, dropped like a rag doll onto the floor. Her sister freaked out also and I had to drive myself to the hospital with Yvette in the passenger seat.

Had surgery at nine PM and had myself released at midnight..I was working two jobs at the time and one was a paper route. I had 1800 Sunday papers to deliver and no one to cover..A couple of pain pills later and I went out and ran my 60 mile route.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Hobie, I think about you every time I hook up my trailer. You are one tough cat!

Great job on the pike!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts