Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
new to the springs area and looking to get some fishig in but I'm totally green on this area. Is 11 mile have a decent pike population, and are they active/spawn/etc? Not sure what season this even is in Colorado, lol.

Any help on where to go and what to throw would be great. I have a boat and looking to get some slime in it.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Hey guys,
new to the springs area and looking to get some fishig in but I'm totally green on this area. Is 11 mile have a decent pike population, and are they active/spawn/etc? Not sure what season this even is in Colorado, lol.

Any help on where to go and what to throw would be great. I have a boat and looking to get some slime in it.
show me your boat and vehicle. you provide the boat, vehicle to pull it with and gas, I'll take you fishing

·
Registered
740 Posts

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Hey guys,

Hi! The best thing I found that works great for pike at eleven mile according to Larry at the tackle store... Is cut shad fished on bottom! I use it a lot at places like the inlet and river above elevenmile in deep pools. The fly fishermen usually can guide you on great spots as well. Hope that helps man. Good luck!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hi! The best thing I found that works great for pike at eleven mile according to Larry at the tackle store... Is cut shad fished on bottom! I use it a lot at places like the inlet and river above elevenmile in deep pools. The fly fishermen usually can guide you on great spots as well. Hope that helps man. Good luck!
You know you're destined for hell, right?

·
Registered
740 Posts
illegal as far as on the stream above 11 mile. Not illegal in the lake but not sure if it's an effective method but sounds reasonable.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Fished the northshore at Spinney last week from 6-dark got 3 pike with one 38" in 2-4 fow OTF. Purple flash wolly buggers or anything big and ugly. Also got 2 spinbows..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
anyone willing to help with all the local species names/nicknames? whats a wiper? some type of striper hybrid?
I assume anything mixed with bow is a rainbow hybrid of sorts. From what i gather there are

trout of all types
kokane?
pike
musky (few and far between)
bass (what types?)
bluegill/perch

If there is anyting else out there worth catching it would be great to know.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Moved from GA, Atlanta area but grewup in the Sierra Nevadas of CA.

I was thinking if I could manage a few stingrays and 14/0 circle hooks with cable leaders I could really get into the fish here in those mountain lakes and streams. I hear that kills all year round. That or just start throwing the cast net blindly until I get a record fish.

·
P I K E
10,116 Posts
I take it you came in and cleaned up this thread :eek:

Bradley_G, use the search function and you shall find the answers you are looking for... even the meaning of life. :)
That I did! It was funny while it was going but we have a new member here wanting to get into Colorado fishing and is just asking for a little info. Not asking for any hot spots, secret baits or your old ladies measurements, so maybe we can turn him in the right direction! One thing though, with the giant skunk fest you've been going through maybe you could pickup some tips also!!! :rolleyes: >:D:evil: J/K!!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
11 mile Pike

Howdy all.
Well here is my 11 Mile Pike it is a 40+" 19.5 lb post spawn fish caught in the last week of May 2015. I had it mounted and just got it back. So yea we have some big ones at 11 mile. I have seen a 45" 28 lb in a live well. up there. Not Lot lake of the Woods but good for Colorado. The biggest I have ever "seen" in Colorado was from Williams Fork over on the western slope. Over 35 lbs. There are much bigger ones taken but I have never seen them.
Good Luck.
CH

Attachments

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Howdy all.
Well here is my 11 Mile Pike it is a 40+" 19.5 lb post spawn fish caught in the last week of May 2015. I had it mounted and just got it back. So yea we have some big ones at 11 mile. I have seen a 45" 28 lb in a live well. up there. Not Lot lake of the Woods but good for Colorado. The biggest I have ever "seen" in Colorado was from Williams Fork over on the western slope. Over 35 lbs. There are much bigger ones taken but I have never seen them.
Good Luck.
CH
Nice fish, although I would have opted for a replica mount and released her... Fish like that are not protected in South Park and require angler vigilance. And that's all I'm gonna say.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Howdy all.
Good Luck.
CH
OUCH I thought we were friends! haha

I tried inviting this dude with me to the cheese and dead president... But noooo

1 - 20 of 31 Posts