Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
doesnt seem like much happened last weekend?(12/17-18) Well compared to the first weekend?(12/10-11)..anybody have good enough news to make me not sell my gear!?...j/k (i sleep with my vexilar)

TJ

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
As a guy who no longer ice fishes you can take this with the proverbial grain of salt-early ice is usually the best.  So if its slow here in Dec, that doesn't bode well for Jan and Feb.  I could be all wrong (I have been all wrong many times before) but the first 2-3 weeks of ice is many times the best ice fishing of the season.

I don't know that its all that slow-maybe guys just don't want to share too much info.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
the good news is granby and williams fork now have useable ice, both are much friendlier than eleven mile. but if you insist on selling your stuff id be interested in buying it.

·
Registered
297 Posts
kirbydog said:
As a guy who no longer ice fishes you can take this with the proverbial grain of salt-early ice is usually the best.  So if its slow here in Dec, that doesn't bode well for Jan and Feb.  I could be all wrong (I have been all wrong many times before) but the first 2-3 weeks of ice is many times the best ice fishing of the season.

I don't know that its all that slow-maybe guys just don't want to share too much info.
I havn't got that impression from any body associated with this web site. Everybody that I have talked to on the site has been more than willing to share info. After meeting alot of the guys up at 11 mile on saturday it was more of the same, if not more so. I believe that it was a slow day up there, along with alot of socializing so fishing seemed to be put on the back burner alot of the time, nobody that I have talked to from this web site has ever come across as holding info back from anybody else. We're all just trying to have a good time fishing and help others do the same, no matter how cynical some people want to be, that is the experience that I have had, if you want to know what was working for me on the day that I was fishing, I will tell you what, when where and how I was doing.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Not only will Beerman give you info but insists on having a beer with him, even if it is -18. Shortly after that beer I popped that 7 lbs. last sat.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Talo-Yeah, I was just yanking it. ;D My experience with 11 Mile was always that its got some big fish but you can wait a long time for a bite some days.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Talo-Just realized my yanking comment could be taken two ways. I certainly did not intend any offense.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Kirbydog, I like it when people yank on my chain. ;D Keeps me on my toes.

I think beerman I took it to mean you were catching lots of fish and teasing us - I on the other hand was just "straightening" him out ;D ;D ;D!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts