Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was up a sportsmans in loveland and thier board said the ice up there was starting to soften up and becoming unsafe. Is this right? I was planning on heading up there on Sat.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I was there Jan 21st. It was -30 degrees in the morning. We fished in the North Shore area and there was 10-12 inches of good ice. I've been watching the temps and the evening tepms have been around zero. A quick call to the parks office should confirm the ice is fine. Watch out for the pressure ridges on warm days.

FC

·
Registered
509 Posts
I just called the parks office. Ice is still good. There is still some snow cover on, that should help keep the fish holding in shallow water.
I will be there on Sat. 1-28 off Stoll Mtn. I fish in a 3 man Eskimo shelter, it's green. Stop by and say hi if you're there.
Chris

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the update, I'll be headed up tomorrow with at least my clam 2000 and maybe my voyager if more people come. Might have to swing by and see how you are doing and feel free to stop over as well.

Noah

·
Registered
82 Posts
I was there from 7am to 2pm today. The ice is fine at Stroll and Coyote Ridge...at about sixteen inches.

Sunny and not even a breeze all day...lots of fish too. They were active and hitting the entire time I was there. They are bitting super light so you need to be Johnny-On-The-Spot with the hook sets.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I used to live with this nhurianek character....he actually has never caught a fish larger than 10 inches in his life......
Eric

·
Registered
509 Posts
Oh, that's not nice at all.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
I used to live with this nhurianek character....he actually has never caught a fish larger than 10 inches in his life......

Is "nhurianek" the word "Dan" in another language?

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
I don't know what if anything "nhurianek", means but I do know "Dan" is synonymous with "humble". :)

I could show you all up if I wanted too but I chose not too.............

Dan

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Actually I have fished with Dan...and yes he has caught many fish longer than 10 inches...gotta fight the curse with something!!!...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts