Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the dated report, but this is from the 25th of Jan. My wife and I fished from 7 till about noon. We caught approx a dozen, mostly stockers, but my wife caught this one nice trout, which we kept, filleted and smoked on the Bradley. We drilled holes out to about 35 fow, but caught most in 10 fow all on pink tubes tipped with wax worms (moussies). This was our 2nd trip there (skunked the first time), and It's our first year ice fishing, so we're trying to learn as we go. We were wanting to go to 11 mile again tomorrow, but are going to avoid the tourney crowd and try Antero or Skaguay, and hit 11 mile on Sunday. Thanks for the tips all on this forum. My wife is hooked, which makes it good for me!

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We've definitely had fun whether we catch or not. She's recently joined me on all my hunting and fishing outings. She killed me all last summer catching huge fish, and killed her first elk and deer last year. I catch myself looking at her jigging technique out of the corner of my eye (can't let her know so). I would have starved if not for her, as I didn't fill a single big game tag. Anyway, I saw two huge pike cruise under our hole that showed some interest, but wouldn't take. I've got to figure that out next.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bought my first tip-up, and rigged it with a double treble shiner minnow last time out, no takers, but as with anything else... patience little grasshopper! My dream is to hook up on one of these beasts this summer with my fly rod.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts