Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fishing was very good today! saw lots of big bows thru the hole . iced 4 kokes and 3 medium bows --lost about a 4lb bow at the hole when the hook broke and lost about a 6lb bow at the hole when the line broke --saw around 25 or 30 fish with a couple that had to be 10 to 14lbs! they all checked out my jig but most didnt bite. some of them bumped the bait tho. Iwas at 12 fow and it was like fishing in an aquarium!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the kokes seem to be everywhere now and they hit on both pink and chartruse ratfinks tipped with a wax-worm. --nothing special! I was at the Howbert Pt. area this time, but at Witchers cove last week I could have iced the limit of kokes if the hook would have done its job better !!!the bows were finiky. I lost some nices ones.the bows and kokes seemed to be cruising, so it was a matter of finding a weedline and setting up by it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats a nice bow! did you weigh her? Isaw alot of bows like that Saterday too. I will be there again this Sat. trying for some more.

·
Registered
838 Posts
She only went about 3.5 lbs on my walmart special spring scale -- so it was probably only off by +/- 2 lbs ;D. I will probably be there on saturday also.
Good luck
FH

·
Registered
838 Posts
troutaholic said:
One pushing 30".....come on now!!!!!!!!!!! Pike maybe? ;D???
walk around Larry's shop and the general store and look at the pictures of the fish that have come out of that lake. And then ask me that question again.

I

·
0 Posts
The Browns can easily reach 30 inches+

This one was just under 27 inches

This Cutt was 26

Not to mention Fishinguitars Brown at 27 1/2 inches

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
when looking down the hole though the water this magnifies the size of the fish, making it look twice the size. i wish some of the fish i have sightfished ended up as big as they looked underwater..

·
Registered
526 Posts
Thank you Jamie as I would tend to agree with you. The fish on a store's wall usually get a few inches added to it everyplace I have been(stories run deep with BS). There may be a few in there but I think the majority over the years if you look at all the pictures from The 11 Mile Gen Store and Larry's- they are more in the 7-9 pound range probably 24-27"

·
Registered
117 Posts
despite that link, i still say that the fish look larger in the water. Maybe not double in size, but they definitely look larger in the water.

im heading there tomorrow, maybe i can catch him!

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
fish definetely look bigger in the water when you are looking down on them, i don't care what people say, i have caught hundreds of fish sightfishing for them and they are never as big as they looked in the water,

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
they look a bit larger but not too much IMO.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts