Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
20-25 fish caught 8-10 Kokes rest Rainbows. Lost a fair amount more. Lost something big a 100 feet from the boat -- either a koke or a trout. All kokes were 2 year olds and most were 8 - 12 inches kept 2 in the 15 inch range for dinner. all the trout caught were in the 14-15 inch range -- big ones are hiding somewhere. used standard trout trolling gear.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Nice looking cooler fun good job.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
NICE!!

Which one of those up top are the salmons?? Sorry, novice coldwater angler.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Oh wait a minute.... I'm guessing the two on the bottom left?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Correct bottom 2 on the left. I will post a close up pic tonight when I get home from work. We were catching all over the lake. saw many schools of Kokes all over the lake -- gonna be some great salmon fishing next year when they all grow up.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Were you using downriggers or leadcore?How deep?Also were you using pop gear or cowbells.Just picked up leadcore gear this year and have'nt got a chance to use it.Sounds like 11mile will have to break them in!Seems like you got that pattern locked in.Nice fish!

lyn

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a down rigger but It seems to be more trouble than it is worth most days. I typically use leadcore (3-4 colors out, i.e. 15-20 feet deep) and dipsy divers. I am a big fan of dipsy divers -- they are kind of like the poor mans downrigger. I was trolling cowbells with wedding ring koke killers -- in green and red along with a koke killer with the e-chip. everything caught fish. we ran four poles on saturday -- two lead core and 2 dipsies.

1eyeReD -- here is a closeup of a koke. they get alot bigger -- but I was hungry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts