Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I took a "personal day" off of work today (my first time fishing in two months) and had an awesome day on the water. Silent Light's report inspired me to try 11 mile canyon for the first time. I loved the scenery. An absolutely gorgeous setting, and a perfect weather day minus maybe one windy hour. I caught two rainbows, one snake river cutt (all of these with fly rod) and I caught 4 browns with spinning gear. Nothing too big, the browns were all 10-13" and the others were 14-15". The highlight for me was catching my biggest fish of the day, a rainbow, on a dry fly. Sight fishing is really good, the water is clear and there are many fish to be seen. Saw some big red kokes in there. Did a lot of casting practice today to the fish and had quite a few missed strikes and long distance releases. It was a bit crowded, I would guess about 25-30 fisherman in the upper three miles of the canyon. It's so much fun to find new places and just see how beautiful this state we live in is.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kokaneeking said:
nice job man , was there alot of spawners down there ? , they must get flushed out of there every year
I only saw a pod of 4-5 in one area, but I'd assume there are more.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts