Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

What should we do about 11mile get together?

  • Lets go up anyways and hope there is safe ice.

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lets move the date.

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lets hit Tarryall.

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lets hit another lake.

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went up to 11mile (on Wed.) to check on the ice for this weekend. There currently is only ice at Cross Creek and the inlet... I didnt go out on it and it didnt look very safe, but with a couple more days of 10 degree weather in the days and subzero at night it might be safe by Saturday. I drove around the entire lake everywhere else had no ice to about 6 ft in the very end of the coves. I didnt have time to drive to Tarryall to check out the ice up there but I know a couple people who iced it and said it was 3-4" on Sunday... but there was still open water to. With the cold front it should have a complete lid by Saturday I would think.
I'd rather everyone be safe at a get together, enjoy themselves, and hopefully catch some fish, so what do you guys think?

Cross Creek:




Sucker Cove:


Rocking Chair:


Stoll Mtn:


The Marina:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Doh... I lied after looking at the map I didnt make it to Witchers Cove... but willing to bet, if the wind wasnt blowing that way it looked like Cross Creek.... so it may be safe for us by Saturday.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
either hit tarryall this weekend (beginners would love it)or wait until the 9th. even with this cold snap i don't feel comfortable that 11-mile will be safe this weekend. i was at tarryall last sunday and there was 6-7" of ice on the west side.closer to the dam. lots of fish too. they are all 11-14"(nice eating size). To get into bigger fish wait 1 week and hit 11-mile. depends on how many people reserved this saturday and how many can change dates. i can do either day.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like moving the date is winning... unfortunately I am booked up until Jan, so I dont think I will make the 11mile get together. But I really think its best to move the date just to be safe.

Is the 9th going to work out for enough people?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
280 Posts
Well if anyone is going up to 11 mile this weekend I would be intersted in hitching a ride if anyone has room. I could meet you werever really if you have a spot open let me know.
Scott
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,495 Posts
scchase said:
Well if anyone is going up to 11 mile this weekend I would be intersted in hitching a ride if anyone has room. I could meet you werever really if you have a spot open let me know.
Scott
I have 2 or 3 guys goin with me already, otherwise--
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
where is 11-mile? id be interested in coming to fish a new lake, id be coming from fort collins and should have space in my truck for 1 more
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
280 Posts
Hey Eye Elevenmile is West of CO Springs though I think coming from the north you go through Dillon on I70 instead not sure though need to look at map from up here should be around a 3 hour trip give or take. If you go I am in Loveland and would love to hitch aride. Also thinking Chamber smight be frozen up here hard to say though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
thats pretty far down there, i was thinking it was outside of boulder. is it close to lake george then? i was planning on going to george sometime soon because my girlfriends dad lives down in the springs. i dont know about this weekend, though, i was hoping to go somewhere a little closer. i may just go up to dowdy...interested?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Taken from Larry's site:

ELEVEN MILE RESERVOIR: All boat docks have been pulled and the boating season is officially over as the lake ice caps before our eyes. As of this report the ice is spreading and it looks like at least a 70% cap. With temperatures down to 24 below zero this early AM and continued sub-zero temps expected over the next couple of days we should see a 100% ice cap within the next day or two. Early ice is extremely dangerous and maximum caution should be exercised when venturing out. We would expect to see fish-able ice within 7 to 14 days depending on weather conditions and how brave you are. 90.7 CFS IN 76.3 CFS OUT
So I think we better call it the 9th, just to be safe as a group... Those of you going out there this weekend be safe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
I am going to go to Tarryall early Saturday, leaving town arround 4:30am. I want to hit the parade of lights in the evening. scchasw, we will be traveling from pena to 470 then 285. If you can meet us along the way we have room.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
838 Posts
This thread got me thinking -- so I think I will hit Tarryall this saturday also. Gives me a chance to try out the gas auger I am going to buy tomorrow.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top