Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to give 11Mile a try this morning.Got on the lake about 9am and began to troll.The water temp was 57deg and it was partly cloudy.Wasn't sure if i should use leadcore or just flatline,i opted for the leadcore.I was using a short string of flashers and a wedding ring with worms on one rod and a short string with a taz devil on the other.I was running 70 to 100 ft of leadcore(2 1/2-3 1/2 colors).In the first half hour i missed one and landed 2 pretty nice(14-16")rainbows.Then not a bite for the next 3 1/2 hours!The clouds were rolling in and the wind started to really pick up,so i called it a day.So a long post to say that fishing was slow today.Talked to several other boaters that said they had about the same results.Next time i'll get there earlier.
                                          lyn

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
nice, i suprised you dident catch any kokanee ?, i heard they are hitting decently up there, i cant wait to snag this year there, elevenmile salmon are monsters

Y

·
0 Posts
I hope the snagging is good at 11-mile this year but I have my doubts. All spring and summer all I heard of people catching was the smaller kokes. Even Larry said that there weren't very many bigger 4 year olds being caught this year.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
that sucks, two years ago i went two weekends in a row and limited out with my brother and friend , all the kokanee we snaged were from 20 to 24 inches, larry would know he is on that lake alot, last year sucked because of the stocking numbers, but this year should be pretty good

1 - 4 of 4 Posts