Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fished 11 mile from 7-1030. nothing for me as usual. Fished NS buoy line in 20FOW with jiggin box, but could not tempt any kokes. Saw a few bows in 7' fow right in front of rocks west of NS parking lot, but no strikes either.
Then we fished the canyon after being  skunked at reservoir. The weather was absolutely fabulous and the fishing was EXCELLENT. Fished from 1130-330. Action was hot for the first 2 hours then died down. I released 4bows and 3 browns, my partner had about a dozen. They were hitting my koke set up----a 3/8 rainbow kastmaster on my ice rod! Nothing real big, but definitely tons of fun!

the last 2 fish are the same. Notice how much bigger he looks IN the water.

·
Registered
838 Posts
He is only an inch long in the water -- but he is like 5 inches when you are holding him. He got huge when you pulled him out.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I am just going off what you posted on the screen. I am pretty sure the bottom one is bigger. I will pull out my ruler and measure the pictues, just in case I am wrong. ;D

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Fowl_hooked said:
He is only an inch long in the water -- but he is like 5 inches when you are holding him. He got huge when you pulled him out.

Are you talking about the fish?

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it was my first, but definitely not the last time there. What a quick and fun way to kill an eleven mile skunk. Tons of fish to be spotted, and the way the ice was melting and river flowing, I'm sure there will be more and more fishable water everyday.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts