Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished 11mile this morning from about  630am-11am. We fished in 35 fow about a 1/4 mile ne of deer island (but not quite into the deep channel) Caught 5 kokes ranging from 13-16 inches using 1/4 oz rainbow kastmaster tipped w/wax worm. The weather was perfect, no wind, and the sun was hiding nicely behind the clouds for the most part. 

After going to 11mile everyyear for the last 4 years, I finally pulled my first fish out of the water today. It may sound silly, but I finally feel I've finally accomplished something. Eventhough I only caught 5, I feel ready for more. Will post pics later.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Re: 11mile sat 2/4

nice report i might try 11mile tomorrow when were the kokes biting the best in the morning or later i was gonna try coyote ridge i just want to catch one i;ve never caught one threw the ice there yet

·
Registered
288 Posts

Good job on the Kokes Scody! I will be there with my dad tomorrow (2/5). was the bite early in the morning or later on? maybe catfishking and I can both pull our first kokes out of the ice tomorrow!

·
Registered
6 Posts

I fished Howbert Point on the cove side (the left hand side as you drive in) in 17-20 fow and caught one kokanee and saw a second one get away. I was there from about 2:30 to 5:30 and caught them around 3:00. I got them on large pearl metal spoons (i.e. 3/8 oz Swedish pimple and Krocodile). Another person with a hut said he saw quite a few fish in the general vicinity but had a hard time getting them to bite. Before dark, he caught a nice fat rainbow. I think he was using metal tipped with a mealworm but don't know for sure.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: 11mile sat 2/4 w/pics

the bite seemed to taper off around 10am. We used a jiggin box for the first time. IMO, (and experience) a jiggin box is paramount to catch kokes at 11mile. Also, per an old wiseman at 11 mile, it is good to shovel off a 15ft box in front of your box (directly to the east if fishing in the morning). The idea being that the sun will have more of an effect on the bells if the sun is shining through clear ice.

oh and heres a pair of bald eagles I saw in a tree on deer island

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
scody very nice kokes, were you by witchers ?, i had plans to go but both saturday and sunday they closed kenosha pass becasuse of adverse conditions, im going to next weekend for sure

·
Registered
179 Posts
was at coyote ridge sat. got 1 trout no kokes. went to stoll.read fish but only 3 bites no hookups. slow day but it was gorgeous out there. sunday was a whole other story. 285 was closed had to go over hoosier.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Bobber's pic was just about par for 11mile on Sunday. Dad and I fished sucker cove in 17 FOW just off of the pressure ridge. He caught a small pike on a gold castmaster w/mealworms and I lost an orange ratso to a large trout. a few other bites and fish swimming by the jig but otherwise very slow. The other guys around us were also catching pike in anywhere from 5 to 17 FOW. The wind really sucked.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts