Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thouhgt I would put up a ice update for the mile. As of 12/19/10 the lake is fishable but it takes time to find a safe place to get on from most spots. pressure ridges every where and for the most part they only have 1/2" on them early morning and late day they look like little rivers. Pretty wild I have never seen so many there and so close to shore. Once you get past them the ice is a good 8" plus. At lunch time the lake noramlly starts lto make some noise as things warm up but yesterday it sounded like a bunch of really loud drums for 30 mins I thouhgt that was kinda cool. ;D Mid lake around the islands is open water actually a really big area of open water. Around 2 yesterday I watched a guy walk right onto a pressure ridge w/o using caution and his left leg went through up to his balls :eek: When we got there in the morning it took us a fair amount of time to find a spot to cross. Slayer was punching through skim ice all along the ridge. We found a safe spot but there were 20 plus guys yesterday in our area and none had a spud bar and many crossed really bad ice. Figured I would put up a warning because those areas look fine to a new ice angler but there not . Probably no need to start a obituarie section on the forum because of dumb ass' ;D

·
Registered
57 Posts
wow! thanks for that tom! glad to see your still getting out, i guess heronlaker just got so good at fishing he gave up ;D ;D? u got balls man i am way too much of a chicken to handle all that popping and creaking i dont do well when the butt pucker factor is that high on the ice lol O0 O0 O0

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I couldn't believe the pressure ridges at the mile on friday. Most of all of them were pushing down instead of up. Scary chit. Seems like just a matter of time before someone loses there life out there this year.

I can't remember a year since i've been ice fishing(15 years), where you still have to bring out all safety equipment, in mid Dec. Crazy stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts