Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started the day by getting a speeding ticket in the construction area just as 285 heads into the mountains. Oh well - on to fishing.

I took Russell on his first ice fishing trip today and he did great. We started fishing around 6:30am in the Green Lake area of Antero. Russell and I caught about a dozen fish each and then moved at around 9:30am. After the move, nothing at Antero. It really was an awesome morning of fishing. We were using 4lb test and the fish were hitting white tubes tipped with wax worms. Russell got a beautiful 23inch MA Cutbow in the first area. Starting temp was WAY too warm again at 38 degrees. We had a short stop at Elevenmile where Russell landed a MA female kokanee right at 20 inches. A lot of noise and open water at Antero to deal with. Winds were very strong at Elevenmile out of the North. The wind kept shifting directions on us at Antero.

Finished the day with some butter pecan fudge from the Jefferson store and then went to my daughter's swim meet.

One of Russell's first fish of the day

One of my first fish of the day

Video of Russell fighting his MA Cutbow
[/URL]

[b]Russell's MA Cutbow[/b]
[img]http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj79/thefishin6/IMG_0235.jpg

Russell in his fishing hideout

Russell with his MA kokanee from Elevenmile

Russell only kept two of his dozen or so fish that he caught today

The Bighorn Sheep on the way home

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
God I hate that damm 285, nobody goes 40 on that road lol. Good show, nice fish!

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
YES BROTHA YES!!!!!!!!

me right now --> :mad: <---- and kickin myself for not going with

after reading the report :eek: ;D AWESOME congrats to newbie

brian, how was the ice at the mile

·
Registered
516 Posts
Nice report. First question, if you were catching fish, why did you move? O0
Just kidding on that. If you fished Green Lake, you went down the hill-of-death. And,.. sigh,..back up! Kudos on the balls-of-death hike back. I like a little snow on that s--l---o---p--e.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We moved because we wanted to scout another area that was excellent for us last year and we (stupidly) thought it was a good idea to move since neither of us had caught a fish in about 10 minutes. We also parked in the North boat ramp area and hiked it since I did do the hill of dirt death on a previous trip.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They do if its 20 inches and caught angling ;) I must say the skill level required for Russell to catch that one wasn't high. We were talking about leaving with our backs to his fishing spot and heard his drag going out. It was actually quite lively in the fight.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
BTW, that female koke must have missed her alarm clock because it appears she was very late to the party. She still had all her eggs and came 3 feet off the bottom to hit the jig.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts