Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've used this bait since it came out about four years ago.

This particular bait came out of the package on November 14th and has landed 127 walleye through November 30th - my personal best on a single lure. It also took about another 20 bass/crappie/bluegill and wiper during that time. I am on my 4th change of hooks and am going to retouch the finish with Sharpies later this week (I already touched up the gill plates with a black Sharpie).

The hooks rubbed and wore out enough of the body that the bait began to rise so I had to add a suspendstrip. My problem now is I feel I am force feeding it to the walleyes. I was outfished by a friend with a different color the last two trips but I gotta keep this lure in the water. My goal is now 144 walleye (a gross) then maybe see if I can get to 200! We'll see because it's ice time.

Just thought this awesome bait deserved to be posted. Or maybe I'll put it in an X-Rap box and mark it "Break open in case of skunk!"

FYI The point of this post was:

1. To express my amazement at not having lost it because half my trips have been from shore at night.
2. To show people the bait that's been working for me (Berkley Cutter)
3. If you have followed my walleye posts then you know where I fish (PLO)

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dave. I think December will be a month to rest my fishing elbow.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Nice, thanks for sharing!:thumb::thumb::thumb: I love the way the Cutters suspend (very level)
I wish I had the success rate on them as you have.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually been using that lure since it came out in 2015 so barely 1 per day!!:thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts