Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My GF caught this perch (still swimming) biggest perch I've seen measured just shy under 14" don't think it quite met the 2.5lb state record but still the biggest perch we've ever seen. Put a nice bend on the pole

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My gf wanted to Keep it but i Couldn't keep her she was full of eggs and I didn't even know there was perch in the lake

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
Good grief! Biggest perch I have ever seen. I bet close to 2lbs.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
That's a jumbo for sure!! Probably right at 2lbs. It's rare to see one over 2lbs, the state record is a joke. There's no way a 13.6" perch weighed 2.6lbs. I've caught some FAT 14+" perch early in the spring full of eggs and they barely broke 2lbs. Rant over....

Congrats on the big perch, they are a lot of fun when they get that big!

·
Registered
936 Posts
WestSloper nailed it. Your fish probably weighed around 1.5 - 1.6 pounds. Reglardless that's one to be proud of in CO. I would have considered putting it on the wall if I haven't already been spoiled by fishing perch in South Dakota while I lived there the last three years.

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
Stang I bet it is 2 pounds plus...full of eggs...my 14 incher was caught in the fall and weighed 1.98 pounds on a super accurate 5 lb digital postal scale...yours is almost as long as mine but much fuller with eggs...here is the thread from that fish...great job!...

Sitting on the couch watching the Bronco game I realized how stupid I was being...a gorgeous fall day and I was sitting on the couch...so off to Atown I went with my boat...got on the water about 1 pm and quit about 5 pm...wind was light to nonexistant out of the SSE...water temp was 49...normally I leave Atown alone during the full moon...I really have problems out there during the full moon...I still think they feed all night long with that clear water...I did have problems marking fish...when I found them...much to my surprise they ate or at least tried to eat...I had about a dozen hits...caught 6 walleyes...one 18.5 inch keeper...most of the fish I found that would go were in the 30 to 35 foot depth...my last fish of the day was a personal best and it surprised me...a fat little toad it was...a 14 inch perch...it was rectangle shaped...I have a digital postal scale that is pretty accurate to the fraction of the ounce...I weighed it when I got it home...1.98 pounds...I have a picture...but I have to get my usb port working...and I havent figured out what is wrong with it yet...it was definately too nice of a day to watch football...

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Awesome! Reminds me of crashing perch at Lake Michigan in Chicago. 6am to 8am was the jumbo happy hour. Plenty of 15"ers in that time frame. Good memories.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thats a damn nice perch !! its tough getting out fished by your girl some times though !!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts