Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from Bass Pro (evil place) and noticed they have lures at $15.00 each. I think they are called a pointer something. So bottom line is...................Are they worth the Money?

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Lucky Craft Pointers - are they worth the money? Some will say yes. They catch fish.
Can you catch fish without them? I'd have to say yes on this one too. :p

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Do they catch fish...Maybe
Do they catch more fish than a $5.00 crankbait...Maybe
Would I ever spend $15.00 on one...Hell no!!!!!

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
I caved in and bought a couple of the Pointer 78s. So far they are awesome!!!! Caught a real nice Bow at Pueblo a couple of weeks ago, and 8 of my 11 walleye's today came on one!

The glass colored Husky Jerks work well also and cost about a third!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can you post a pic of the one you caught walllayes with, I'll buy a couple along with an insurance policy to cover snags.

L

·
0 Posts
Are they worth the Money?
Isn't that a subjective question? I'm sure John Elway or Bill Gates (if they're fishermen) would say they are worth the money, as money is no issue. But to most of us who work for a livin',,,,, I don't know. I don't think I'll find out cause I don't see myself buying any. I typically will lose a lure or two an outing (sometimes not), I figure that is part of the cost of my hobby. If I go from losing $6 rapalas and such to $15-$20 Lucky Craft's, I'll have to get a second job.

I say this now, next week I'll probably be feeding my addiction with Lucky's. LOL

·
Registered
674 Posts
A lot of my fish this year have come on a pointer 78.  This is the first year that I've fished them and they are catching the fish for me.  I've tied on an X-rap of the same size and basically the same color and trolled them side by side.  The pointer was the only one of the two that the fish would take.  That doesn't mean that it won't change for another day but I was glad to have it tied on that day.  My favorite color is the ghost minnow but I've done well with the bone color as well.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
McFish-Right you are. I got about $400 invested in Lucky Craft pointers and staysees. Its about the only jerk I throw anymore.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
kirbydog said:
McFish-Right you are.  I got about $400 invested in Lucky Craft pointers and staysees.  Its about the only jerk I throw anymore.
After today, you can bet i am going to get some more!!!

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
I am sure those will work also! I have been getting some bigger fish on the Purple/White X-Rap also. The water at Aurora is so clear right now I am sure they can see anything flashy!

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Neal, I have some x-raps too, I don't really like the tail, do you fish the x-rap with the tail or take it off and put another bare hook on?

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
TAL0362 said:
Neal, I have some x-raps too, I don't really like the tail, do you fish the x-rap with the tail or take it off and put another bare hook on?
I have just being fishing them as they come. And they have been hitting them during the pause.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Talo-I have never liked the fathered treble hook on any of my jerkbaits either-makes them too gaudy in my opinion. I'm sure others swear by them.

That Amer. Shad is a good color. That and chartreuse shad are my two favorites. There is a real art to fishing a jerk-alot of guys just kind of reel them in with a few pauses. They are called jerkbaits for a reason. Gotta work that thing. ;D

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
How long do you guys pause? I was only waiting 3-4 seconds. Last week they wouldn't touch the Pointer, but would hit the X-Rap fished very slow.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts