Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from Bass Pro (evil place) and noticed they have lures at $15.00 each. I think they are called a pointer something. So bottom line is...................Are they worth the Money?

· Premium Member
10,699 Posts
Lucky Craft Pointers - are they worth the money? Some will say yes. They catch fish.
Can you catch fish without them? I'd have to say yes on this one too. :p

· Registered
6,546 Posts
I caved in and bought a couple of the Pointer 78s. So far they are awesome!!!! Caught a real nice Bow at Pueblo a couple of weeks ago, and 8 of my 11 walleye's today came on one!

The glass colored Husky Jerks work well also and cost about a third!

G

·
Are they worth the Money?
Isn't that a subjective question? I'm sure John Elway or Bill Gates (if they're fishermen) would say they are worth the money, as money is no issue. But to most of us who work for a livin',,,,, I don't know. I don't think I'll find out cause I don't see myself buying any. I typically will lose a lure or two an outing (sometimes not), I figure that is part of the cost of my hobby. If I go from losing $6 rapalas and such to $15-$20 Lucky Craft's, I'll have to get a second job.

I say this now, next week I'll probably be feeding my addiction with Lucky's. LOL

· Registered
674 Posts
A lot of my fish this year have come on a pointer 78.  This is the first year that I've fished them and they are catching the fish for me.  I've tied on an X-rap of the same size and basically the same color and trolled them side by side.  The pointer was the only one of the two that the fish would take.  That doesn't mean that it won't change for another day but I was glad to have it tied on that day.  My favorite color is the ghost minnow but I've done well with the bone color as well.

· Registered
2,901 Posts
McFish-Right you are. I got about $400 invested in Lucky Craft pointers and staysees. Its about the only jerk I throw anymore.

· Registered
2,901 Posts
Talo-I have never liked the fathered treble hook on any of my jerkbaits either-makes them too gaudy in my opinion. I'm sure others swear by them.

That Amer. Shad is a good color. That and chartreuse shad are my two favorites. There is a real art to fishing a jerk-alot of guys just kind of reel them in with a few pauses. They are called jerkbaits for a reason. Gotta work that thing. ;D

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.