Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
I haven't been lately because its just too darn hot. I am gonna go somewhere tomorrow-just haven't figured out where-probably head for the hills.

·
Registered
271 Posts
OK. Just to keep WS from whining, I went to Rifle Gap yesterday and caught one smb (removed by CPW), no walleye, (removed by CPW) no pike (removed by CPW) and no bluegill. Found a few crappie in the afternoon on a shallow mudline. Used a 1/32 oz pink head and a pink/black back 2" Mr. Crappie straight tail shad. Also caught a few 3 to 5" perch. Lots of cast for a few fish.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
11 Mile was 75 degree and the Trout were not cooperating very well. boated two lost three. Bifocals and knots help grow fish.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Well... did take yesterday off.. (from fishing) :biggrin1:
Had to do some household chores and maintenance...
Will be out this morning...

·
Registered
51 Posts
I would be fishing but working waaayyy too much. 42 hrs in three days, looking at another 100 hr week don't get days off for a week and a half

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I was looking for your report, and all I saw was comments on others, perhaps I missed it ,thats quite possible. I went to a windy reservoir Sunday and caught trout, perch and walleye. maybe you missed it.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Walleye bite has slowed a bit. But we still managed over 40. A few crappie, some small wiper and bass of course.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
It was nice meeting you Chris. Your yak sure can cover some water. Yesterday the name of the game for walleyes was slow ... if a snail could swim...you'd want it swimming past your bait. Lots of shad and a whole lot of small wipers busting them. It was a fun day and as a topper, I ended up catching my personal best smallmouth at 23 inches. Water temps as high as 77 degrees. Very little wind.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Walleye bite has slowed for me too. Gonna wait a while and go west instead of east.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts