Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after hearing about a metro place that still had decent ice, I decided to check it out for myself. The wind was blowing pretty hard when I got there around 3, went out nervously and talked to a guy, and saw that there was indeed 5in. of ice. Went back to the car and grabbed my stuff & went to a spot about 600ft. further out from where he was. Fished 11ft. of water and jigged about 15 minutes when my 1st mark came in. Followed it about a foot off the bottom & bamn, he nailed it!

Nice 19in. walleye. right at 4:00

Another mark came in 5min. later & I scared it off. Got another small one (jigging a gold rap) in the other hole. moved out deeper in 14ft. for awhile and got slammed by something @ 5:15. Felt good, but lost it as I tried to pull the transducer out, got off about 5:30.

Was probably 5 others out there while I was there, I was last one off, which was pretty creepy ;D

Felt good to get a couple my 1st time out, hope the wind doesn't mess things up.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well, after hearing about a metro place that still had decent ice, I decided to check it out for myself. The wind was blowing pretty hard when I got there around 3, went out nervously and talked to a guy, and saw that there was indeed 5in. of ice. Went back to the car and grabbed my stuff & went to a spot about 600ft. further out from where he was. Fished 11ft. of water and jigged about 15 minutes when my 1st mark came in. Followed it about a foot off the bottom & bamn, he nailed it!

Nice 19in. walleye. right at 4:00

Another mark came in 5min. later & I scared it off. Got another small one (jigging a gold rap) in the other hole. moved out deeper in 14ft. for awhile and got slammed by something @ 5:15. Felt good, but lost it as I tried to pull the transducer out, got off about 5:30.

Was probably 5 others out there while I was there, I was last one off, which was pretty creepy ;D

Felt good to get a couple my 1st time out, hope the wind doesn't mess things up.

That last one is a fatty, congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Way to go, good looking fish.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Some dude posted a faaat 27 incher on fb that he landed this morning through the ice. Made me super jealous....why wasn’t I out?!?!

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Some dude posted a faaat 27 incher on fb that he landed this morning through the ice. Made me super jealous....why wasn’t I out?!?!

Yeah, the one that slammed me was a much better fish. It was just nice getting out and being able to get home in 20 minutes :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts