Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Not quite as large as some of the 1st eyes others have posted, but these are true Metro walleyes, so what they lack in size, they make up for in street smarts ;) 14in was the largest this evening, didn't see the usual shad balls, that make the flasher look like a X-mas tree.

Ice was 4in. everywhere I drilled, just be careful venturing out. There were some areas that didn't look quite right, used the spud the whole time. Very nice being on the water, 20 minutes from my front door!

·
P I K E
10,285 Posts
I don't know why either Johnny. I deleted the double thread, if it continues let me know and I'll check out the new log-in for you.

·
Registered
211 Posts

Not quite as large as some of the 1st eyes others have posted, but these are true Metro walleyes, so what they lack in size, they make up for in street smarts ;) 14in was the largest this evening, didn't see the usual shad balls, that make the flasher look like a X-mas tree.

Ice was 4in. everywhere I drilled, just be careful venturing out. There were some areas that didn't look quite right, used the spud the whole time. Very nice being on the water, 20 minutes from my front door!
Would said lake be located in Loveland? Cause I'm catching a lot of these street smart eyes through 4 inches of ice as well. :)

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Unfortunately not. Been having problems with GoPro batteries when it gets cold. Don't know why. Just ordered some new ones. Yes, Boyd has safe ice.
Did crazy good on some big gills last weekend. Bro stuck a nice as LMB. Couple big perch came to play too.

·
Registered
16,896 Posts
Hell yeah! Impressive. I can't catch crap at that lake-

1 - 10 of 10 Posts