Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally caught my 1st LMB of the year :) ... but it wasnt even worth a picture :(

However i did catch a few fish this weekend that i did get pictures of...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Headed out Saturday night from 6:30ish-midnight ish.

FistFullaFish and i both got a few Smallies and a few walleye...

FistFullaFish got all his fish on a Rapala that looked like this:

And his best Smallie was about 15" and looked like this:

His biggest walleye was 20"... Took pics with his phone so unfortunately I don’t have them to share... he did keep it and said it was delicious.... the next morning i was cleaning out my boat and found that the walleye left me a present:

Not sure what kind of fish it was... but what was left was about 8" long so i suspect it was a 10-12" fish to start with!!

I got all mine on a Cotton Cordell Bleeding Shad lipless crankbait (Walmart special) like:

My biggest Smallie went over 16" :)

and my biggest eye went 17 3/4"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

We also went out on Monday.. 6:00amish-1:30ish...

FistFullaFish only got 1 fish the entire day(About 30 minutes into the day) very a nice 18" Smallie.. Caught on a jointed Rapala:

I managed 2 fish.... Both fish caught on a 4" Senko Watermelon W/Red and black flake rigged weightless:

my 1st fish of the day was a 12" LMB that was my 1st LMB of the year... no pic and released.

My second fish came at the very end of the day and was a 17" Largie with a weird looking mouth! :)

All in all had a great weekend!!

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like a good time..Your boat must be running good.
So far so good.... I didnt have a pressure/vaccum tester to verify the seals are done properly... But I took it out 1 other time a couple weeks ago... ran it around chatty a few times and then drained the oil from the lower unit and it was water free :) Thinking about doing the same thing again after another trip or 2... just dont have confidence in my repair yet.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Good stuff!

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone!! Was glad to finally get some fishing time in..... Been slacking so far this year. I'm thinking a trip out in my Personal pontoon is in the near future!! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts