Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Eleven Miles last Friday to see what's it all about. This was my first time there and maybe last time since I can't justify going that far for a few slimmers. We fished Sucker Cove in 10 -14 FOW from 8:00am till 2:00pm. Fishing was brutal, 3 bites in 6 hours. The first one broke off my brand new spanking 6lb test Floro coated P-line right after I set the hook. The second I hooked and fought it for about 5 minutes or what seemed like eternity, just when I was ready to lift him out off the hole, the freaking jig flew out. He looked like a 4-5 pounders. The 3rd hook up was on a noodle rod with last year's 4lb mono, and it turned out to be a fat 17.5 in rainbow. That one took a jig tipped with some scuds that I found on the ice. I asked the little hog if he want to goes back and he told me that he was tired of eating scud and hiding from his bigger siblings and asked if he can go home with me; I felt sorry for him so I took him home. On a second note, there were a few times I saw fish came in on the flasher but when I picked up the rod, they disapeared.

·
Registered
16,693 Posts
The 5 lbers you missed will bring you back to try again?

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
I dunno, man, that doesn't sound like stockers to me. Not the two that you lost anyway. ;):D Not bad for a first timer. :thumb:

·
Registered
568 Posts
Heip just knows walleyes and crappies taste better than slimmers. I'm with ya buddy save that money for the worth while fishing trips. That is if we get ice on the plains this year.

·
Registered
16,693 Posts
Yeah aint nothing but slimers at the Mile Hiep! Unless you want to eat some pikeys?

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heip just knows walleyes and crappies taste better than slimmers. I'm with ya buddy save that money for the worth while fishing trips. That is if we get ice on the plains this year.
Alan, I am ready for that; if you hear anything, give me a hoot.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
It's def not for you then because what you described would be considered a decent day by many. Maybe a better knot and a little less horsing at the hole and you'd be singing a different tune?

·
Registered
24,634 Posts
Hiep,

You typed

On a second note, there were a few times I saw fish came in on the flasher but when I picked up the rod, they disapeared.
buy a handful of tiny bobbers and slip bobber stops...use a bobber that just barely floats your offering and leave some slack line between your rod and the bobber that way when you pick up the rod you dont change whatever you were doing and spook the fish...

Hope youre doing well Hiep look forward to running into on creek...hopefully you tear up like you have in the past!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Well Hiep, if it makes you feel any better that fish that broke my 10# line was no sissy, bending the back of my laker rod like it did. Next time we go we'll be better armed to do battle with them. I should have quick made the figure 8 hole when we see the size of that girl Think I will be going with another guy that hasn't been out on any ice so far this year, Friday.

·
Registered
16,693 Posts
Well Hiep, if it makes you feel any better that fish that broke my 10# line was no sissy, bending the back of my laker rod like it did. Next time we go we'll be better armed to do battle with them. I should have quick made the figure 8 hole when we see the size of that girl Think I will be going with another guy that hasn't been out on any ice so far this year, Friday.
10lb? You are kidding, right?

·
Registered
433 Posts
nope not kidding, it managed to zip around a good solid weed, evidenced by the root ball that came up, mud and all.

Oh and I see where your personality comes from.:rockon:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts