Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started off early yesterday at Arbor Lake I think it's called. Beautiful day, but no action in the water.

We hit a few different spots there, but It just seems like that is one of those lakes you wish could have good fishing, but deep down you know you're just wasting your time.

Spent a few hours there before we gave up. Just before we left, I realized that this was under foot, and I have no idea how I didn't see it while I was fishing

I thought that was pretty cool <shrug>

We decided to go hit up TPG. The water was clear, and there was a lot of action on top of the water, but nobody was catching anything. Seriously though..... that place was packed. If thats normal, Im pretty sure I won't be going back.

Made a little video asking a question while I was there. lol and I made sure not to cuss so everyone can watch it lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNS7u35lfiM

At the end of the day, we caught ourselves a bunch of sun, and some peace and quiet away from the 2 year old. Which is good enough for me ;D

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Sorry about the skunk..

Watched the vid . . . :( Way too close. You should be able to cast as far as you can to the left, and have the person on your left be able to cast as far as he can to the right w/ no chance of crossing lines. (and vise versa)

Better luck next time

·
Registered
153 Posts
James said:
Watched the vid . . . :( Way too close. You should be able to cast as far as you can to the left, and have the person on your left be able to cast as far as he can to the right w/ no chance of crossing lines. (and vise versa)

Ditto, waaaaaayyyyy too close. The first time I've ever crossed and caught somebody's line was at the St.Vrain SP, I was further away from people that those people in the video, and what I thought was plenty of room (trust me I like my own 'plenty of room') but I still crossed their line because the had cast their exactly parallel to the shore where I was standing and I didn't see their line so I cast straight ahead and when I reeled in I caught their line and they yelled at me for doing so........ ???

I guess in this situation you have no choic but to cast straight ahead.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
if the\at was the lake on 80th and just west of Sheridan then it is Arbor. there are some big carp in there at the inlet on the North side with Wonderbread dough balls. (little info if you get a carp and go to dispose of it and the bigggg lady that lives across the street sees you she will have a cow ( very easy for her size) about it and she will take all you can catch) this was about 15 years ago. also cats and some LGBs in there just very hard to find them and they also say TM in there.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info guys. Maybe I will go back to that Arbor lake. Not that there are any fish in there..... other people reading.....

Dave..... I've went from fatty fat fat to chubby? Are you stalking me? Is this a situation where people need to hide their kids, hide their wives, and all their husbands?

·
Registered
2 Posts
You stay right by the parking lot and are then surprised by the crowds?

There are people there who throw their powerbait out and sit in their cars watching for a bite.

You got to walk around to the back side where all the lazy nubs wont go.

Also get to go home without rainbow colored bait all over your shoes.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MilehighK5 said:
You stay right by the parking lot and are then surprised by the crowds?

There are people there who throw their powerbait out and sit in their cars watching for a bite.

You got to walk around to the back side where all the lazy nubs wont go.

Also get to go home without rainbow colored bait all over your shoes.
We had the room we needed. If we had people close like some of the other spots on the shore, we would have left sooner. We do have to try the other lake, but it was getting hot, and lets face it, I can be a lazy *******. The only "problem" I could say we had, was the guy down the shore from us, had a radio going. Not that it was bad, but I have a mp3 player if I wanna jam to some music. Most times I use fishing to enjoy some peace and quiet. I like the sound of the water. <shrug>

1 - 10 of 10 Posts