Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had to pick up my aunt to take her to the airport today and I decided to just "look" at a little spot on my way just to check the conditions. I fished there about 3 weeks ago and the water looked like **** and I got skunked for the short time I was there. Today the water looked much better, while leaving I though I saw a nice bass under an over hanging tree branch so I had to make at least a few casts. I had 2 poles in the car and no gear. One pole with a bare hook and slip bobber on it and another with a beat up jerkbait that I have used half a dozen times and never caught anything on it. I picked the jerkbait of course and made a quick cast under the branch and to my surprize a very nice bass darted out and inhaled the lure. My best bass of the year so far, about 20" and about #4.5lbs is my guess. I let her go and almost forgot I had to take my aunt to the airport. Got her there on time.
That was probly my first and last 1 cast fishing trip, but it was a good one. I think from now on I'll keep a small tackle box in the car for thoes unplanned fishing oppertunities that come up once in a while.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Good lookin bass, but check out that tail....looks kinda torn up.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Is the tail torn up from spawning or something bigger with a BIG appetite?

BTW

Nice 1 and done!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is the tail torn up from spawning or something bigger with a BIG appetite?

BTW

Nice 1 and done!
Not sure what happened to the tail. Doesn't look worn down from spawning. There are snapping turtles in that area, maybe a turtle bite?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Congrats, that's a dandy of a bucket mouth. And way to seize the opportunity to hit the spot up in passing.

But please consider poles are something women dance on, goldie smokes, and hold things like flags, telephone wires and lights.

Rods are for fishing.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congrats, that's a dandy of a bucket mouth. And way to seize the opportunity to hit the spot up in passing.

But please consider poles are something women dance on, goldie smokes, and hold things like flags, telephone wires and lights.

Rods are for fishing.
I fish with stripper poles. I heard that they get a lot of action.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts