Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there restrictions in colorado of what type of motors you can run on your boat. 2 stroke or 4 stroke. I tried looking through the regs. and couldnt find anything.

·
Registered
390 Posts
No restrictions. Just the size of the motor for the boat. Some lakes don't want wakes. And some won't let you have any at all. There is no restriction on a type of motor. I know you might be talking about the oil facts. With so many kinds of motors out there. They can't regulate it very easy.

L

·
0 Posts
No.
Not yet. No tellin if Colorado will go the way of California in this regard.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. Arent some states trying to regulate the types of motors used for polution reasons? Is colorado in the process of such a restriction?

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
atownbasser said:
I know that Lake Tahoe doesn't allow 2 strokes and the fine is quite high if your caught running one.
The only 2 stroke they allow is the E-rude E-tec IIRC.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
hurltim said:
atownbasser said:
I know that Lake Tahoe doesn't allow 2 strokes and the fine is quite high if your caught running one.
I think the park rangers at Tahoe use the E-Tec. I think its just the carburated two strokes that are banned?? I would think you could take an Optimax there also.

L

·
0 Posts
BaitMonkey® said:
hurltim said:
atownbasser said:
I think the park rangers at Tahoe use the E-Tec. I think its just the carburated two strokes that are banned?? I would think you could take an Optimax there also.
Tahoe only allows the best, Evinrude! Mercury isn't worthy to run on Tahoe.

>:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts