Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2 trips w/ catfishking 1 w/ Kara & kids 4 Trt, Crpp, & Prch - 1 4 Golden Trout

Not much to tell here.. We headed to a lake. Kara and the kids dropped us off to fish, while they hit a few stores.. They later met us. Isabella slammed a lot of Rainbows jigging a spoon, and Kara caught a bunch of Perch and Bows with a small Ratso. Brian and I slammed Trout and Perch all day, but he caught a couple Crappie as well. Fun day

I'll add this.. At the ISE, one of the seminars was on ice fishing. The speaker said that slip bobber were the way to go. I've always been a fan of spring bobbers, but a slip bobber is way better

Fished the past two season with Eagle Claw in line reels, and Wright & McGill Tony Roach rods. Couldn't be happier with them. Jevan/Jwurgaft picked up a heavier one (TR rod) for Lakers, and loves his as well. (not they're really being put to the test in this post, but they are the most sensitive rods I've used. great for feeling really light bites)

When Kara & the kids came back (bringing food :biggrin1:), we decided to move. The ice was fading quick in the sun..)

I'll continue in replies... ----------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
So after eating, we found some thicker ice. I could no longer fish, as my daughter nailed Rainbow after Rainbow jigging a spoon. Brian and Kara caught a mix of Perch and Trout, while Michael played video games.. (we recently gave the kids Kara's old cell loaded with games. Not sure how good of an idea that was..lol) He did want to reel in a few that Kara hooked, so that was good sign :)

She's wearing her Dynamic Lures hat (Kara made the kids each one with patches they gave us at the ISE)

I thought I had more & better pictures from after they arrived? I think that my battery had died, and we took them on Kara's phone, but I can't find them? Anyway, great day for numbers fishing with Brian, and awesome seeing my wife and daughter have fun on the ice

I'll continue in replies ----------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll throw in some wild Turkey pictures (to try to make up for no background pictures from the Golden Trout trip)

I have to really thank Joe/ksdroptine, Brian/catfishking, and Anthony/kokaneeking. I love catching new species, and the better Golden I caught was my favorite that I iced fish this year

I'll continue in replies -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Nice post man. Way to get them golden's ... That's another one I've never caught. I'll have to tell my uncle to view this post. We were talking about goldens, I know he's gone to some real remote locations for em.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts