1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Boner time!

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Come on C & R guys, are you going to a to ask if he released it! ???
I have released 10 10-14lbs and killed one 30 incher. She got a treble thru the gill raker and bled out on me:-[ That said. I would of kept that fish for three reasons.

1. He will never catch a bigger one ever!!! And there will never be any reason for him to kill another one over 23"

2. It is a state record and most likely at the end of it's life soon.

3. It is the third or fourth largest ever caught, I think?

·
Registered
471 Posts
In the article he claims to have caught and released a 14lb right before the 20ld fish. That's a good day of fishing there!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Never got that close to a 20, but me and my fishing Bud, did release 3 the same day
16.5, 16.75, and a 17.25 Mine was the smallest.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I have released 10 10-14lbs and killed one 30 incher. She got a treble thru the gill raker and bled out on me:-[ That said. I would of kept that fish for three reasons.

1. He will never catch a bigger one ever!!! And there will never be any reason for him to kill another one over 23"

2. It is a state record and most likely at the end of it's life soon.

3. It is the third or fourth largest ever caught, I think?
thats my opinion on alot of the big bass debates. I am a CPR fisherman almost exclusively for every species,... that said, you know how many gene's that fish has passed on,... it's done it's duty,... put it on the wall if you want. I've released 1000's, possibly 10's of 1000's of bass in my life,... if I want to keep one, I'll keep one. Just the way I see it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts