• Mike Vick

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All QBs, listed alphabetically. Anybody else even in the discussion? Brady gets my vote.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
It will be Brady but I voted for the dog killer...

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
sswan said:
Nope. You got somebody in mind that I should add to the poll, Wiggles?
Wasn't a jab at you, SSwan. It's the NFL... It's not about the Most Valuable Player anymore...It's the best QB award now.

But no, I really don't have another candidate.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
zman--Mike Vick would be my second choice. I think Brady and him have clearly been the difference for their teams. But a QB that goes 10 games without a pick is remarkable.

Wiggles--The other guy that comes to mind for me is someone who's caught over 70 balls from 3 different QBs and plays for my other team. They're 5-10, though.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
I dont consider Bernie Kosar remarkable...you go that long and you are lucky and good...

And actually Kenny it isnt the most valuable QB...I went and looked at the lists over time and it has always been QB heavy...going all the way back to the 60's it has generally been around a 7-3 breakdown every decade...maybe one more or less qb every decade...a couple of defensive players in Page and LT...one idiot kicker (no not that one)...Rice won one year depending on which MVP award you are looking at...

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
The year Mosely won it as a kicker was the strike year...supposedly he won it as a protest vote...

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
There is no Jerry Rice in football right now. And there really aren't any "Horse backs" like Walter Payton, Earl Campbell or Terrell Davis that a team is giving the ball to them 35 times a game and riding them as far as those backs will take them!

I would vote for either Vick or Brady. New England is a better team and I think what you do in the playoffs should also have a bearing on who wins!!

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
1) Brady
2) Vick

Fabulous years for both, and the voting ends there.

But may I take this opportunity to throw out a few other names? -- not as MVP candidates, but as those who also logged an exceptional year of football (IMO).

- Roddy White
- Brandon Lloyd
- Arian Foster
- Asante Samuel
- Clay Matthews

and three KC Chiefs:

- Matt Cassel
- Jamaal Charles
- Dwayne Bowe

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Arian Foster stands out in my mind as a guy that deserves it. Undrafted and wasn't even the starter when preseason started. Won the job and ended up getting over 2000 yards from scrimmage...the 2nd player EVER to get that without being drafted I believe (priest holmes). Beating out guys like Adrian Peterson and Chris Johnson! That's a ridiculous feat and the guy is likely gonna end up with the rushing title with over 1500 yards if he can keep Jamal Charles off his back who is also hot. Foster also plays on a team that always finds themselves behind and having to throw the ball a lot as well. But he won't get it because, 1. he's not a QB, and 2. he's on a team with a losing record.

But yeah, it's a QB award. We have seen brady do this before. Don't like the guy, but yeah, he is great. A great pocket passer. Without their great O-line, he wouldn't even be close to contention. Vick, on the other hand, would still be doing the same stuff he's doing with a worse O-line. Both are over 100 passer rating, both have 5 or less INT. I think beiing able to do what vick does on his feet makes him more valuable to his team. 613 and 8 TD is CRAZY for a quarterback. Only guy I can remember that put up those kinda rushing numbers while still throwing the ball well is Steve Young. Although I can't remember him putting up better than 613 and 8TD. Cunningham did it, but was he as good of a passer? I was pretty young then, so I can't remember.

Vick didn't start a couple of the games this season so I think that the eagles would have a better record than what they have now if vick had started....putting them along the lines of the same record as the Pats.

Who would you rather take on your fantasy roster? It's the same kinda question as "who would you take as MVP?" Personally, I would rather have Vick on my fantasy roster.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts