Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking forward to next season - what are some reasonable moves the Nuggets should make?

Personally, I'd like to move Felton, JR and K-mart somehow and get some veteran leadership on this team.

PG - Lawson, (add a veteran PG)
SG - Afflalo, Chandler
SF - Gallo, Harrington
PF - Nene, Bird
C - Mosgov, Koufas

Denver needs to move Nene back to his natural position of PF - he is simply too soft to bang with Centers down low, which opens up a starting role for Mosgov. Would really be nice to see what he can do there.

If the Nuggets are smart, they can clear cap room with Martin's 17 million dollar expiring deal, JR and Felton both make about 7 a piece. With the CBA deal coming up in the NBA, it's a good time to plan ahead.

We'd still have some great depth and could add a couple MLE veterans to the squad.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Doesnt Felton have a year left?...I say showcase him during the next year and hopefully get someone to overpay with a high draft pick...

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
I like Felton...It's good to have the depth at point guard...Dump JR..find a sucker to take Harrington's bloated contract. (good luck)...Keep Martin at a much...much ...reduced rate...(adds toughness to the team). Not sure about Chandler...We will need to pick up another pure shooting guard.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hobiecat said:
I like Felton...It's good to have the depth at point guard...Dump JR..find a sucker to take Harrington's bloated contract. (good luck)...Keep Martin at a much...much ...reduced rate...(adds toughness to the team). Not sure about Chandler...We will need to pick up another pure shooting guard.
Felton does have one season left - but he has stated he isn't happy coming off the bench.

It's nice to have the PG depth, but a 7million $ starting PG on the bench is not an efficient way to build a roster

1 - 5 of 5 Posts