Silent_Light :

Rmalling :

Slowdown :

Wahoo :

BeadHeadRed :

·
Registered
384 Posts
Great job Fishngal. the JuJu looks great. Especially on short notice. I'd vote you best in show. Slim profile, defined segmentation, no tail. Very good
All the patterns look good folks.

·
Registered
511 Posts
hellzyeah! i've never seen a fly i've tied up close in a photo; they actually look like i know what i'm doing! thanks MG for setting this up. this is my first, but not last swap. let's do some stones next!

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
If it was competition I would say fishinGal kicked booty
Wahoo-- is that a fruit fly LOL or christmas midge?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Thanks SL for posting these. Your photo skills are far beyond mine. And thanks to all that contributed, good flies and on time!
As I said before, if you need a host again I would be happy to host.

Bob

·
Registered
382 Posts
I really like that bead on the back from Epic. He has my vote for best idea......

Bob

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
bengal said:
My vote would go to Slowdown. great looking midge.
Great, sexy Brit-style buzzer, Jamey. Very nice indeed.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
these look awesome. Thanks for takin the pictures, S_L.

For best fly, I think it's a tie between slowdown and fishingal.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Fishingal gets my vote I hate tying them and these look great.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I've said it before and I'll say it again: only for you guys.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
All awesome looking midges. Never thought of leaving the flash as a tail (shuck?). Just what is it imitating?

I really liked Slowdowns midge with the gills. I think that's becasue I have a hard time aligning stuff on the side.

·
Registered
511 Posts
agreed! excellent flies, ya'll. how the hell di you get hpse ribs so perfect, fishingal? amazing juju'esque flies! going to the 'pan next weekend for the annual boys winter trip; report with the flies productivity to follow!!!

·
Registered
384 Posts
rmalling said:
agreed! excellent flies, ya'll. how the hell di you get hpse ribs so perfect, fishingal? amazing juju'esque flies! going to the 'pan next weekend for the annual boys winter trip; report with the flies productivity to follow!!!
I will be on the Pan Sunday morning..Silver Nissan Frontier. Say hi if you see me.

·
Registered
79 Posts
rmalling said:
Definitely report back, I'm curious too... though I'm probably too lazy to start tying it, but you never know.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Used about 1/3 of the midges from the swap on the Pan this weekend. Black Juju was favorite among the picky rascals. Red thread midges were the ticket, but none of us tied any of those! The dark, size 20 or smaller emergers with limited flash were also productive. Nice flies all around.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts