Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

2019 Colorado Boat Registration

4K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  cochise 
#1 ·
Just received my renewal for 2019.
$60.25, is that even possible? Never heard of an increase for 2019, been boating since 1995, this is outrageous. :mad:

#5 ·
Better than south carolina, they charge a yearly usage tax and each outboard is tax separately from the boat which caps at $500. So i got 3 tax statements since i have a kicker motor. Had i not been exempt as a active duty military and non resident, my tax wouldve been $670 a year, but still had to go in and pay my filing fee.

#10 ·
Still the cheapest part of boating...and what they hadnt had a fee increase for fishing licenses for a decade prior to the last couple of years?...if I take my wife to a movie and buy a coke and popcorn its 60 bucks for one evening...$9 dollar beers at the orange $hithole at mile high...the boat registration amounts to a buck or 2 a trip for all day...not even comparing it to gas prices...4.50 for a blade bait...people throwing nickels around like they are man hole covers compared to the price of other items in the sport...even minnows have doubled in price...

#19 ·
Yep, you could always move to Westminster and buy a boating pass to Standley Lake for a whole 5 months out of the year if you can qualify for a loan to pay for it!

Full-Season Resident Power Boat Permit ($950) - Allows 7-day-a-week entry and boating for one (1) power boat, summer boat storage and camping, May 1 through Sept. 30. Allows off-season access into park Oct. 1 through Dec. 31 for picnicking and shore fishing.

Non-Resident Full-Season Resident Power Boat Permit ($1050) - Allows 7-day-a-week entry and boating for one (1) power boat, summer boat storage and camping, May 1 through Sept. 30. Allows off-season access into park Oct. 1 through Dec. 31 for picnicking and shore fishing.

#12 ·
your right about that zman,however we now are edging closer to being the highest in the country for resident fishing licenses.i can still buy an out of state yearly license I my home state cheaper than I can buy a residence license here.i know and heard the arguments(go back to your home state)but thats not the point we have some of the least amount of water to manage and some of the highest fees. we pay state parks passes, city park passes, federal park passes and now a exorbitant boating fee to inspect for species that dont even exist in our waters or if they do there natural.its just like the public schools just keep throwing more money at a badly managed entity.someone said earlier if we got to pay double the fee for boating do we at least get to use the lake all year, I doubt it.

#13 · (Edited)
Everything changes... It bugged me to pay the 3 bucks when they turned Granby area into a recreation area, next thing you know prices went up and Green enforcement trucks all over and now the Mussel fiasco and limited access to fewer areas with more people.
No license required or limits to fish Hawaii, no boat checks, fresh water wash down, lots of bikinis and no white stuff, lol.

#21 ·
One of the biggest reasons I moved away from Colorado was the Northwest Regional Office of the CPW. Colorado is awesome at ruining fisheries and fun. I do miss Powell but replaced it with the Gulf so i am managing.

After living in Florida, Idaho and Wyoming since Colorado I can honestly say Colorado Pales in comparison. I still have an out of state license (which is the best out of state cost) and I fish there often with my family and it definitely still has some great fishing but I hate the opportunity cost to the fisheries because of the CPW knuckleheads.

Mamma and me were just down visiting family and found some nice creek brownies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.