Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dave's post gave me an idea. I figured a 2020 upgrades / wish list open open to the public might have potential. Too damn slow around here.

Anyhoo, I'm not planning too many upgrades this year. So far, I got:

- a stainless steel prop for my boat.
- couple of new rod/reel combos.
- only 1 new lure type so far... but 4 whole new copies of that, Bionicman! They were cheap lures.
- NMEA cables to control the MotorGuide from the Lowrance. Kind of cool. Not sure it will be the game changer I thought it was going to be. "Pro tip": read the manual carefully, less ye shall see your trolling sail your boat into uncharted waters, when you expected it to take you to where you told it to go and anchor there. :D

On my wish list: an in floor cooler. Last year, I almost bought an Alumacraft Competitor, just for that cooler on the side: http://alumacraft.com/Alumacraft-Boat.php?id=621
The price would have been a little more than the Lund I bought, and I wasn't quite sold on the build quality of the 2017 Alumacraft I had... But, man, look at that cooler! ;D It's probably too much work for me to put one in. But, if this covid thing gets worse, I might not have much else to do.

What do you have going?

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
My biggest purchases so far this year have been a new furnace/AC. And spending way more than I wanted to on one of the pups that had pancreatitis.

Oh, and adding a week of time on the houseboat out at Powell.

All those were commitment prior to the current situation.......

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Puppy health isn't something I have to worry about, but I had to pay for braces for 1 kid last year and another one this year.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Alumacraft boats are nice. Dealer here in town -- they are well known to be hopeless bozos. :'(

·
P I K E
10,072 Posts
My wish list right now just consists of being able to get back to work! I'm tired of sitting here in the house(I'm high risk) & getting fluffy! Been doing some work on the camper and some other stuff but I'm afraid with the lost work & vacation time the rest of the year is a loss financially! Want to get my Jeep in the shop for new 8.8 Ford rear end with 4:10's and front re-geared, SYI kit installed and lights all on it, we'll see how it goes!

May be putting up my Koldkut custom swimbait combo and some top level swimbaits up for sale if someone has this type stuff on their wish list! Won't be dirt cheap! :thumb:

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
2020 will be a good year if I can get through it without getting the virus. If I don't it will probably be my last year.

I'm praying for the best because I still have stuff to do.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My wish list right now just consists of being able to get back to work! I'm tired of sitting here in the house(I'm high risk) & getting fluffy! Been doing some work on the camper and some other stuff but I'm afraid with the lost work & vacation time the rest of the year is a loss financially! Want to get my Jeep in the shop for new 8.8 Ford rear end with 4:10's and front re-geared, SYI kit installed and lights all on it, we'll see how it goes!

May be putting up my Koldkut custom swimbait combo and some top level swimbaits up for sale if someone has this type stuff on their wish list! Won't be dirt cheap! :thumb:
6.6 million jobless claims last week and 3.3 M the week before. 10 M total. the impact of COVID will be huge.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Alumacraft boats are nice. Dealer here in town -- they are well known to be hopeless bozos. :'(
They are nice boats. It was just a few details that bugged me: the glove compartment was sticky and the opening mechanism was horrible. Trying to get something out of it was a pain. The tachometer kept jumping. I thought it was just mine, but I saw a random video on youtube that showed the same thing. Fuel gauge was inaccurate. Speedometer was inaccurate too, but that seems to be the case for all boats. These boats are more expensive than cars. Can't they get those things right? Is that too much to ask? :mad::D

·
Registered
132 Posts
My CFO :cheer2: is a sweetheart, she convinced me to bring home a 2050 Ranger Reata. Said I needed a birthday present to remember.

It was always in the plans to do it someday or when I retire, but her idea was to do it now and it enjoy it while you can.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My CFO :cheer2: is a sweetheart, she convinced me to bring home a 2050 Ranger Reata. Said I needed a birthday present to remember.

It was always in the plans to do it someday or when I retire, but her idea was to do it now and it enjoy it while you can.
I like a woman who takes the initiatives. ;D Congrats on the new boat, Greg! :thumb:

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I want/need a medium heavy st. croix rod.
Does it have to be a St Croix? I went from having mostly St Croix rods to having only 2 leftovers that I hardly fish with... I like the action and the finish on St Croix rods; they are just not the best value for my dollars (emphasis on "my"; we are all different). Which St Croix model do you have in mind?

·
Registered
2,162 Posts

May be putting up my Koldkut custom swimbait combo and some top level swimbaits up for sale if someone has this type stuff on their wish list! Won't be dirt cheap!
6.6 million jobless claims last week and 3.3 M the week before. 10 M total. the impact of COVID will be huge.
I lost two jobs but instead of filing for unemployment I’m back in the Denver area with a new job at the recycling center!!! Better than sitting around leeching a paycheck!

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I'll be honest, currently sitting on cloud 9 in the upgrade department...(Have I mentioned the 7' UL Crappie Maxx (Mightly Lite), paired with the Daiwa Regal. Spooled with 6lb Nano.)
Couldn't be happier.

Maybe a new broadhead for the fall. Feeling a pull to go back with fixed blade.

I wish for: a 20lb striper, a 10lb walleye, a 5lb smallmouth, a spring gobbler, a 5 gallon bucket of morels, a 10pt buck and a moose tag.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I wish for: a 20lb striper, a 10lb walleye, a 5lb smallmouth, a spring gobbler, a 5 gallon bucket of morels, a 10pt buck and a moose tag.
I didn't think about that kind of wish list. That's arguably harder to control than just a wish list of material things...

There is no room to install this on my boat:
https://www.boatoutfitters.com/pontoon-wine-storage-cabinet

But it would pretty cool to have that special place to keep special bottle handy, just in case you happen to be lucky enough to make that special catch. ;D

1 - 20 of 68 Posts